Home > News, Releases > XBMC4XBOX 3.1 Stable Released

XBMC4XBOX 3.1 Stable Released

It’s been close to a year since the last stable release. The truth is, the nightly builds have probably been more stable than the last release as some useful fixes went in soon after. Due to lack of free time, and developers, it’s taken a while to get around to doing another point release but finally – here it is – XBMC4XBOX 3.1

There has been a lot of improvements over the last year – changes since 3.0.1 include:

• FFMPEG Updates
  • DVDPlayer Updates/Fixes (Such as improved DVD Seeking and Slingbox support)
  • PAPlayer Updates
  • Updates to libcurl/polarssl/librtmp
  • Scraper fixes
  • Lots of other misc bugfixes and improvements.

For more details of changes you can check out the source history over at http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc4xbox/

Thanks to all the XBMC developers on over at http://www.xbmc.org as many of the changes are backports from their code base. Also a big thanks and farewell to Arnova, who has been supporting the XBOX over the years but no longer has any need for his XBOX1. He will continue to develop XBMC for Linux though.

We are now down to a single developer on this project. If you know some C++ or can help in other areas, and you wish to spend some free time helping out with the project – please do get involved and post an introduction over at the forums.

Categories: News, Releases Tags:
  1. Urtzi
    July 8th, 2012 at 18:03 | #1

What version is this XBMC? Over 31000? Please answer…

• BuZz
      July 9th, 2012 at 08:57 | #2

it is svn revision 31099 – you can check the svn history and see when it was tagged.

2. Brett
    July 9th, 2012 at 10:39 | #3

Hi Guys,

Big thanks to Buzz, I still use my Xbox with iPlayer daily 🙂

If you have trouble with the torrent or don’t have a torrent client you can get the file from my server here:

Cheers,

Brett

3. xanderten50
    July 11th, 2012 at 08:44 | #4

@Brett

Is there an iPlayer app for xbmc? I thought that only certified devices were allowed to run the iPlayer these days? If you could point me in the right direction I’d appreciate it! 🙂

4. BuZz
  5. xanderten50
    July 13th, 2012 at 08:48 | #6

Thanks 🙂 got it working last night – good job too, ended up roadtesting the cbeebies programs at 3.30 in the morning!

6. James
    July 13th, 2012 at 18:30 | #7

You guys are the best! I love that my old outdated xbox still has a wonderful purpose in life!!!!

7. dane
    July 14th, 2012 at 07:30 | #8

thanks and more thanks!!! keep it up guys !! much appreciated!1

8. Yatti
    July 14th, 2012 at 15:48 | #9

Thanks!.. Was hoping somebody was still taking care of the original xbox stuff..

9. Felipe
    July 14th, 2012 at 22:44 | #10

is there a way to run sportsdevil, supertv or pseudotv on this release? I have been out of the scene for about 4 years now and just updated today from…. a 2007 release I believe….

so i have no idea

• BuZz
      July 15th, 2012 at 00:10 | #11

I would recommend you post/ask on the forum for details.

10. Dogboy
    July 15th, 2012 at 15:48 | #12

XBMC for xbox is still the central hub for all my entertainment, Thank you sooooooooo much for this amazing software =)

11. spency234
    July 22nd, 2012 at 02:11 | #13

Like others who commented, Xbox is still a central part of my media consumption life. Thank you!!!!!!!

12. chad
    August 9th, 2012 at 21:24 | #14

installed the 3.2 stable release..i have lost video on loadup but still here clicking when i move the controller right and left up and down,,any fix?

13. Oesh01
    January 10th, 2013 at 06:16 | #15

@Brett
    Hey guys,
    I’m new to this whole thing… I have downloaded the XBMC4XBOX 3.1 but I’m not sure how to install it. My xbox is softmoded… I just need to know the steps to install xbmc. I am missing something. thanks for all the help in advance!

1. No trackbacks yet.