HOW-TO:Wire your XBOX DVD-Remote for USB
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Follow this simple procedure:
- Open the receiver's plastic case using a small screw driver. Carefully pry around the case.
- Solder the wire to the receiver using the picture below
- Note: This might damage the casing of the dongle.
Color Coded Pinout
- If you're using a standard USB cable you should just be able to match the colors and solder away, but to be sure check your cable with a continuity tester according to the USB spec provided here.
- Red = Positive Power (+5V DC)
- White = Data -
- Green = Data +
- Yellow = Unused
- Black = Ground (0V DC)