Max Fan Speed?

General discussion relating to XBMC4XBOX. Please use the support forums for help on using the software or plugins.
shloader

Max Fan Speed?

Post by shloader » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:00 pm

Is there any way to set a max fan speed when allowing xbmc to control the fan speed based on target temperature? Found the minfanspeed in the guisettings so with little hope I tried adding a maxfanspeed. I'd like it to go no higher than %50 on Xboxes I'm handing off to others.
I make a conscious effort to use terms that can be googled.
Xbox modding is really about understanding the nomenclature, and a good HeXEn disc.
Drinking while posting happens. It's not like drinking and driving; try to be understanding.

Dan Dar3

Re: Max Fan Speed?

Post by Dan Dar3 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:14 pm

Why not use the Auto Temperature as a way of controling the maxim fan speed?
https://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/wiki/Settings/System

GoTeamScotch

Re: Max Fan Speed?

Post by GoTeamScotch » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:55 pm

I don't believe there's a way to set a maximum fan speed. You can either set what it is or let XBMC handle it automatically based on temps. On auto settings, my Xbox usually doesn't spin up the fans that much at all so I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you. I'd be more worried about setting it to 50%, then the Xbox overheating because it wasn't allowed to cool itself down properly.

Bottom line, set it to auto. Don't worry about setting a max. Let it cool itself down if it needs to.
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!