xbox aladdin chipped without hdd, can i use with a new hdd?

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
mark01975

xbox aladdin chipped without hdd, can i use with a new hdd?

Post by mark01975 »

I have a modded Xbox with an Aladdin chip from which (in the past) I removed the HDD, but I didn't copy the lock key.
Today I would like to use the Xbox again, can I do it?
I have a 200GB HDD but I can't start the AID DVD, OGXBOX or HEXEN.

can you help me please?
Coldly-Indifferent

Re: xbox aladdin chipped without hdd, can i use with a new hdd?

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

Try cold booting the Xbox ie. with the disc already loaded. The disc should be on DVD-R preferably burned using ImgBurn too.

Also check that Aladdin chip is actually working when you start the Xbox - press and hold the Power button for 1 - 2 secs should activate the chip, a short tap will cause it to boot in retail state which could be why your installation discs are not launching.

If it still does not boot from the disc then you likely have a DVD drive problem which is VERY common now. No solution really possible now unless you happen to have a spare.

The easiest solution in that case is to use the PC tool: FATXplorer to build a new hardmod Xbox HDD installation and that will boot unlocked. You only needed it locked when in retail state or softmodded.

Once you have the new HDD up and working I'd get the Xbox's eeprom and save that to PC. Probably you will never need it but it makes sense to back it up anyway.