XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post ideas or dicuss development of the Blog / Forum / Bugtracker etc
RoofTop

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by RoofTop »

Check if the partition where you have your xbmc4gamers copy have enough space for storing the artwork installer,
it is not recommended to use partition C: as it have limited disk space.

Now, I believe the artwork installer checks the game-id to determine what game you have in your dirs.
So possible you have a default.xbe with a unknown game-id --- some cracked versions with crack intro's infront of them
might do this.

If that is not the case, then maybe you care to do some manual work ?

Go to your xbmc4gamers Artwork installer dir with the filemanager:

Mine is located at this location:

E:\xbmc\system\scripts\Xbox Artwork Installer\Artwork\ntsc\Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance 2\

Copy the "_resource" dir and the default.tbn + fanart.jpg into the root dir of you baldurs gate 2 game directory.

Then it should work.

(Not that most of the game artwork are ntsc versions, only the PAL only games are located in the pal dir.)

Cheers,
blaeker18

Post by blaeker18 »

Hi. When I enter the downloader, the warning "script failed: urldownloader" appears.
kdub24

Post by kdub24 »

blaeker18 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:32 am Hi. When I enter the downloader, the warning "script failed: urldownloader" appears.
Are you on the newest version of XBMC4GAMERS? I had the same error until I updated to the latest version
kdub24

Post by kdub24 »

I know this is a very old tread but I have a couple questions on XBMC4Gamers dash...
1. How do you refresh the cover artwork? "I cant get the default.tbn to show up" I copied halo 2 from dvd2xbox and it has the default box art cover even tho I added the artwork _resources and default.tbn. I have tried clearing the cache and clearing the thumbnails but it still has the default cover artwork.

2. is there anyway to get the system temp from the XBMC4Gamers dash? If not it would be a cool feature to add that. Like Freestyle dash 3 on Xbox 360.

Thanks for any suggestions or comments
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

kdub24 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:26 pm I know this is a very old tread but I have a couple questions on XBMC4Gamers dash...
1. How do you refresh the cover artwork? "I cant get the default.tbn to show up" I copied halo 2 from dvd2xbox and it has the default box art cover even tho I added the artwork _resources and default.tbn. I have tried clearing the cache and clearing the thumbnails but it still has the default cover artwork.

Press Up on the game list and enable the resources box. Three in from the left.

2. is there anyway to get the system temp from the XBMC4Gamers dash? If not it would be a cool feature to add that. Like Freestyle dash 3 on Xbox 360.

not currently but it’s something you don’t need to know as the Xbox will tell you, by ramping up the fan or shutting down :lol:

Thanks for any suggestions or comments
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
Poll300

Post by Poll300 »

Hello, I wanted to write that for a few days I have been using the program and it's fun !! my question is whether the author of the program will release any updates or amendments or additions?
ps. Can XBMC4Gamers be used as the main loadaer in the future?
i.e. all finished files from xbmc4 3.5.3 move and replace from the main XBMC folder on the disk? ;)

And you can ask to send this skin to xbmc4Gamers kids?
idem.26

Post by idem.26 »

Hello Rocky5. I am French and I have just discovered the huge work you have done (Bravo and thank you)
I built my xbox with your latest version xbmc4gamers but I am stuck on the menu Applications, Emulators, Games and Homebrew.
impossible for me to put 3D covers. the 2D ok.
here are some actions on my part.
exp 1: Games white button on the joystick, choose a thumbnail / image search / browse / directory path. No action
exp 2: in the source file, Games, replacing the path of the line <thumbnail>
and nothing either .profiles - <thumbnail pathversion = "1"> E: \ _ resources icon \ games \ Games-T.png </ thumbnail>.
a big thank you if you can help me .
another question . on the same menu Applications, Games, Emulators and Homebrew the procedure to create an individual fanar for each directory ?
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

idem.26 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:03 pm Hello Rocky5. I am French and I have just discovered the huge work you have done (Bravo and thank you)
I built my xbox with your latest version xbmc4gamers but I am stuck on the menu Applications, Emulators, Games and Homebrew.
impossible for me to put 3D covers. the 2D ok.
here are some actions on my part.
exp 1: Games white button on the joystick, choose a thumbnail / image search / browse / directory path. No action
exp 2: in the source file, Games, replacing the path of the line <thumbnail>
and nothing either .profiles - <thumbnail pathversion = "1"> E: \ _ resources icon \ games \ Games-T.png </ thumbnail>.
a big thank you if you can help me .
another question . on the same menu Applications, Games, Emulators and Homebrew the procedure to create an individual fanar for each directory ?
Use the built in downloader to download the Xbox Artwork installer.

Folder fanart is supported, look in Q:\Skins\profile skin\media\folder fanart\
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
MasterChief2

Post by MasterChief2 »

Hello everyone. Does anyone know how can I remove this framed in a red on the picture below? I want it to be 100% transparent, something like when you go to Synopsis and you can see full fanart background. Does anyone know how can I do that?

Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

MasterChief2 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:06 am Hello everyone. Does anyone know how can I remove this framed in a red on the picture below? I want it to be 100% transparent, something like when you go to Synopsis and you can see full fanart background. Does anyone know how can I do that?

Toggle the fanart button again and it will use the fog.jog file.
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
idem.26

Post by idem.26 »

Rocky5

Utilisez le téléchargeur intégré pour télécharger le programme d'installation de Xbox Artwork.

Le dossier fanart est supporté, regardez dans Q: \ Skins \ profile skin \ media \ folder fanart \

idem.26_

thank you very much rocky5, super happy for the individual fanarts works as indicated in your explanation, by cons can you explain me in more detail for the intalation of 3d artwork jackets for the menu page Games, Homebrew, Emulators and Applications, j have already installed the xbox Artwork installation program which has successfully installed my game artwork and emulators.
I created my artworks Apps, games etc ... but impossible to display them.
idem.26

Post by idem.26 »

hello, who can help me finish the construction of xbmc4gamers?
in the menu games, homebrew, emulators and applications I try to put my own icons. for meters manually. who can give me the location or the path.
second question, Rocky5 on the profile menu has inserted a snowflake animation. thank you in advance
idem.26

Post by idem.26 »

I forgot to mention that for the icons are in 3D icon
ehomie420

Post by ehomie420 »

TheLegacyofGaming

Post by TheLegacyofGaming »

Hi,

Thanks for this great project. I have a old version xbmc4gamers without new artwork option and I want to update it.
I can connect my Xbox in ftp to my pc with automatique (DHCP) but when I try to update in the xbmc4players update menu I have this message : “error no network access please check your Ethernet cable”
It’s possible to update it with ftp?
TheLegacyofGaming

Post by TheLegacyofGaming »

And now all of my game’s start in English while in the settings I put the region in Swiss French. It’s a new bug 1 day before I have the same games in french. Any idea for fix this issue please?
CaLi 0riginaL

Post by CaLi 0riginaL »

I’m having the same issue. Upon boot, a notification pops up stating that new version 1.3 is available. My internet is totally connected but when I go to the downloader, it states the no network access error and to check my Ethernet connection. I can’t download anything and this was never an issue before...
Darksayian

Post by Darksayian »

CaLi 0riginaL wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:51 am I’m having the same issue. Upon boot, a notification pops up stating that new version 1.3 is available. My internet is totally connected but when I go to the downloader, it states the no network access error and to check my Ethernet connection. I can’t download anything and this was never an issue before...
Hi Team,

Been using XBMC4Gamewrs for a while now and working great. Been trying to update and get the same error as above?

Is there a fix?

HELP!!!
CaLi 0riginaL

Post by CaLi 0riginaL »

Was fortunate to get in touch with Rocky5 himself. Download the latest prebuild:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1je41mK ... hYFz2/view

Go to your Q:\system\USERDATA on your xbox using an FTP client and copy that folder onto your desktop. Now delete all of your files on the Q: partition and replace it with all the files in the XBOX4Gamers prebuilt folder and then replace the USERDATA folder with the one you copied on your desktop to keep your settings, profile, etc. reboot your xbox and you should be all good.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Great info and fix , cheers.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk