Nightly Builds

Discussion of XBMC4XBOX development.
bird42

Re: Nightly Builds

Post by bird42 »

BuZz wrote:Newer development builds can be found here - http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/nightly/ - although named "Nightly" they may be built less often.
Hi Buzz,

First of all, thanks for all the hard work (thumbs up)

I have one question, when I look at the file size of
BUILD-r31199.zip -> 62909904
BUILD-r31234.zip -> 36002151

Big difference, maybe something is missing? or is the file more compressed?
Have a nice day!
BadKarma

Post by BadKarma »

It seems the textures.xpr files in the skin folders are missing :?:
bird42

Post by bird42 »

BadKarma wrote:

It seems the textures.xpr files in the skin folders are missing :?:
Hi,

Yes you're right

textures .xpr are missing from ALL skin-folders i.e

Confluence\media\textures.xpr
PM3.HD\media\textures.xpr
Project Mayhem III\media\textures.xpr
Last edited by bird42 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

well, probably a good thing as im right in the middle of stuff, and you probably dont want the nightly build right now :) ill fix it when i get time.
BadKarma

Post by BadKarma »

It seems to work though. Video and audio played without problems. I don't see any issues with interface of PM3.HD
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

@BuzZ

Herooooooooooooooo

Python 2.7.3 - bring it on way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Regards Jan ;)
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

skatulskijean wrote:@BuzZ

Herooooooooooooooo

Python 2.7.3 - bring it on way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Regards Jan ;)
don't read too much into that. i just did a vendor load. nothing more :)

It's something I was going to look at only.
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

BuZz wrote:
skatulskijean wrote:Python 2.7.3 - bring it on way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Right, but you're half-way there now though, it'd be rude not to commit, right...? :-)

I had a question about the reduction in compiler optimisation on the libdvd... stuff in r31304. What was up, was the greater optimisation causing bugs?
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

spicemuseum wrote:
BuZz wrote:
skatulskijean wrote:Python 2.7.3 - bring it on way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Right, but you're half-way there now though, it'd be rude not to commit, right...? :-)

I had a question about the reduction in compiler optimisation on the libdvd... stuff in r31304. What was up, was the greater optimisation causing bugs?
im not even 0.1% of the way there really. I just did a vendor load - ie loading up a plain unpacked python into the repository. nothing more.

the greater optimisation was not needed - and meant the library was a little larger than it could be due to -O3 doing additional inlining and unrolling. -O2 will be fine.
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

BuZz wrote:
spicemuseum wrote:I had a question about the reduction in compiler optimisation on the libdvd... stuff in r31304. What was up, was the greater optimisation causing bugs?
the greater optimisation was not needed - and meant the library was a little larger than it could be due to -O3 doing additional inlining and unrolling. -O2 will be fine.
Was the greater optimisation also using more RAM (marginal or otherwise)?

(Just curious about your motivation for changing it really....)
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

spicemuseum wrote:
BuZz wrote:
spicemuseum wrote:I had a question about the reduction in compiler optimisation on the libdvd... stuff in r31304. What was up, was the greater optimisation causing bugs?
Was the greater optimisation also using more RAM (marginal or otherwise)?

(Just curious about your motivation for changing it really....)
O3 was unneccessary - and can even be a deoptimisation in some cases (depending what the app is doing). none of the code in this library requires lots of inlining/additional loop unrolling, so i rather save the 60kb or so of memory instead. I'm considering seeing if compiling some of the external libraries with -Os might be better still to save some memory. we build the ffmpeg libraries with size optimisation for example. even though -O2 "may" be slightly quicker (although most of the important code is SIMD optimised anyway), it makes the dll about double the size, so we are better off with small code.

Google gcc optimisation levels for more details etc.

Its not a massive deal with the O3 to O2. just that I noticed it and so decided to change it.
valcovo

Post by valcovo »

Hi Buzz,

I copy RecentlyAdded.py from confluence to my script on Transparency!2.11, now Recently Added work in TV series, Music and movies!!!!!!The wide icons in Tv series are much much better now, you are a GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the test was on BUILD-r31337.

Thanks

Sorry about my english
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Im glad the new code makes the wide icons better. thanks for the feedback.

with new skins after 3.2 we will be able to do recently added etc without a python script. the python script will not be needed anymore.
xman

Post by xman »

Jesus BuZz, thought I'd give you a pat on the back for Build-31317 running so sweet with nothing wrong I have found yet and you've gone and released another 2 builds since. :shock: How the hell am I supposed to keep up?. :lol: Ow well, at least I can copy my whole userdata across to these later builds now that my current userdata is up to date. Most of Jan's stuff seems to be quite compatible with this build. Jpegs are loading extremely fast and booting to movies are instant with no delays. Got a few suggestions on the homewindow pics as it seems a byproduct of the fast JPeg loading still having these background pics a bit blurry. A couple of thoughts, could the background of the homewindow be a video like movie trailers or something rather than still images?. Seems a waste to have all this extra RAM, "I'm running debug log on testing", just sitting there on the homescreen doing nothing and it would make the homescreen a bit more colorful and if this wasn't possible, what about playing the "weather RAR" files as some of those are quite nice. I tried running the RARs as my source in Homewindow Settings but it doesn't like to display anything. Anyway, here's my feedback on the build and I'll now reluctantly move on to your latest Nightly. Any tips on what you have changed so I can see if I can break my machine by trying?. Just joking, that's not likely to happen with 5 other builds on the machine as a backup. :lol: Great work anyway BuZz and thank you sir.
xman

Post by xman »

BuZz, I did end up finding a problem with r 31317. Don't know whether you fixed it in the later builds but here it is- If you scrap movie titles manually as in 1 at a time, it will display the thumbs however, when you go to select the thumb of choice, it will result in a blank on your movies page. Not the default icon or a thumb, nothing at all is displayed. When you do a full scrap of all the titles this doesn't happen, only when you do one movie scrap.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

xman wrote:BuZz, I did end up finding a problem with r 31317. Don't know whether you fixed it in the later builds but here it is- If you scrap movie titles manually as in 1 at a time, it will display the thumbs however, when you go to select the thumb of choice, it will result in a blank on your movies page. Not the default icon or a thumb, nothing at all is displayed. When you do a full scrap of all the titles this doesn't happen, only when you do one movie scrap.
did you go from the last stable to this version or via one of the testing builds? I recommend a fresh install and seeing if it still happens, or post a debug log after the issue occurs.
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

Viz r31500...

Gents, any chance of a quick update on the hatful of commits in the past week or two.

XBS, I know you've committed Confluence Lite - but been making further changes since.

Buzz, are you giving the new Python a go...?
xbs

Post by xbs »

Just some fixes to issues reported by users of Confluence Lite.
Skins: SLik JX720 MS_Redux Mosaic
Utils: HeXEn
github.com/xbs08/
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

spicemuseum wrote:Buzz, are you giving the new Python a go...?
i've done nothing with any new python as of yet.
xman

Post by xman »

Just to let everyone know, BUILD-r31540 10-Sep-2012 appears to be working fine BUT scrapping feature of movies is not loading correctly on the PMIII skin. While trying to change wrong movie thumbnails, it is preferring to leave no thumbnail at all. Simple work around is to use the Confluence Lite skin for all your movie scrapping with this build which is working perfectly by the way and then if you must use PMIII skin, simply change back after scrapping. This is a PMIII skin problem rather than a build issue. PMIII front page is also abbreviating some of the words in the front page, which I think should be done a lot more so as bigger fonts sizes can be used but that's is just my opinion.