Text Window Help

Discussion of XBMC4XBOX development.
whufclee

Text Window Help

Post by whufclee »

Hi guys, once again it's been a while and I hope you're all doing well :).

Hope I'm posting this in the correct area, it's kinda python development related but also related to the XBMC4Xbox source code too...

First off I just thought I'd let you all know I'm making good progress on the xbox add-on I started earlier this year and it should be ready for a beta release very soon, however I've hit a bit of a stumbling block. On mainbranch I use ActivateWindow('textviewer') to show a full screen block of text but I see on xbmc4xbox that ID doesn't seem to exist (10147).

Is there any chance this could be added? I've not added it to bugtracker just yet in case I'm being daft and there's an alternative I'm unaware of. If anyone knows of a way to show large chunks of text with a scrollbar or has a rough template I could use to create a little script that would be a big help. This and trying to get videos from youtube playing are the last main problems I have. I know Dan created the excellent notepad plugin and if I could modify that then I'm sure that would do the trick, I had a quick peek at the code and unfortunately I struggled to get it integrated though so any help will be much appreciated.

Longer term I'd like to just change it all into a script which would make it much easier for showing images and text but certain parts of the addon are already somewhat heavy on resources so I'm trying to keep it as lite as possible for testing purposes.
Dan Dar3

Re: Text Window Help

Post by Dan Dar3 »

I'm sure it can be added, it would help to have a pointer to a commit or Kodi forum thread where they discussed it added to our ticket.

As an alternative, I don't remember where I got it the idea but I think I've used this in the Thumbnails (cleaner) plugin, see if this helps, look for:

Code: Select all

textboxControl  = self.getControl( 5 )
Full source here (available through Addons4Xbox Installer):
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/files/addon ... s_clean.py
whufclee

Re: Text Window Help

Post by whufclee »

Cheers Dan I'll have a good look through that, I was looking for the commit details on mainbranch before posting here but so far I've been unable to track down the details but will continue looking and once I find it I'll post a ticket.