bug - flatten option does not work in library mode

Discussion of XBMC4XBOX development.
mrdally204

bug - flatten option does not work in library mode

Post by mrdally204 »

I plan on filing this bug properly tomorrow but wanted to post in case I forgot by then:)

Scrape items to library
Go to movies
Open side panel
Enable the flatten option
Back all the way out to main menu
Click movies again
Expected: all movies in library are shown
Actual: category view is displayed.
Note: if you back out of category view to movies; TV shows menu ( not all the way out to main) you can then click movies and it will skip the category view and display all movies.
Redneck9

Re: bug - flatten option does not work in library mode

Post by Redneck9 »

I noticed that bug too(In 3.3 Beta 2)

There is another bug which, you get an error if you try to access your video library w/o being connected to your network.

I've also read through the changelogues and couldn't find anything regarding that error specifically(just said fixed problems with library)
Which is the only reason I haven't updated to the latest stable.
mrdally204

Post by mrdally204 »

I wouldn't mind trying to look for this particular issue but I'm not really sure where to start. I looked into the skins xml but did not really see where or how this setting is updated and stored. If I could get a point in the right direction I'll see if I can spot something :)
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

@mrdally204
First, if you know in which version it was working last, and then in which it stopped you can track the history of changes in SVN and see which one broke it.
You can start by taking down the sources (see the wiki page on how to compile from sources), then finding the text that says "flatten" (would probably be in some strings.xml), then look the id of the text in skins XML files, to see where it's been used. That way you might find what was supposed to happen when clicking that option / button.