Python & xbmc version / new Add on request

Requests, suggestions, support, and everything else python / plugin related.
badtaamiz_2000

Python & xbmc version / new Add on request

Post by badtaamiz_2000 »

I am hoping someone can help with the following info.

There is a add on that works great on windows, IOS, android platform and i have asked the developer if he can create an add on that is compatible for xbmc4xbox.

The developer ask the following question (see below). Also, is there anything else i need info the developer as far how to get the add on added to xbox4xbmc?

Which version of xbmc is compatible with xBox? Does it support python 2.1?

Thank you
skatulskijean

Re: Python & xbmc version / new Add on request

Post by skatulskijean »

badtaamiz_2000 wrote:I am hoping someone can help with the following info.

There is a add on that works great on windows, IOS, android platform and i have asked the developer if he can create an add on that is compatible for xbmc4xbox.

The developer ask the following question (see below). Also, is there anything else i need info the developer as far how to get the add on added to xbox4xbmc?

Which version of xbmc is compatible with xBox? Does it support python 2.1?

Thank you
the addons since added on xbmc4xbox over the repo (xbmc4xbox repo) or install from zip .
we do this all over the addon Installer script.
the stable xbmc4xbbox Version have momently python 2.4.6-
on the beta 3.5.2 as example is python 2.7.5 running.
i think we switch on the next time to python 2.7 on the stable to.
it's more easy to make a addon compatible to the beta build (python 2.7 as to the stable(python 2.4).
no its give momently no Solution to test a addon for compatible to xbmc4xbox without a xbox self.
But with the integrated python 2.7.5 since not nany thinks what you must do to have a compatible addon for xbmc4xbox.

First you can def a xbox variable for do thinks working differend to mainxbmc!
xbox = xbmc.getCondVisibility("System.Platform.xbox")

then you can easy address this variable for differend solutions for mainxbmc or xbmc4xbox!
as example the pfade on xbmc4xbox and mainxbmc since differend and when you want for your addon a Solution to access a function from your otr a differend addon you can this to over a if else here is a example to access the youtube addon to play a video.

if xbox:
url = "plugin://video/YouTube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=" + id
else:
url = "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=" + id

But that is not a nice solution better is your def your different pfade example:

def getPluginUrl():
if xbox:
return "plugin://video/"+addon.getAddonInfo('name')

else:
return "plugin://"+addonID

and your access the video over

getPlugin()+"/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=" + id

and you must not have a look on the addon xml to access the name for the addon self.

Next what since different is:

addon = xbmcaddon.Addon()
works on main xbmc but on xbmc4xbox not we have momently the addon functionality not embed on source .
we access all the functionality over the scriptmodule xbmcaddon and we want for this the addon id to have a luck what for addon it is an emulate than the addon functionality for it

addonID = 'plugin.video.clipfish'
addon = xbmcaddon.Addon(id=addonID) is working on xbmc4xbox and mainxbmc as example.

here working examples what works on mainxbmc and xbmc4xbox:

addonDir = xbmc.translatePath(addon.getAddonInfo('path')) locate the addonDir

addonUserDataFolder = xbmc.translatePath(addon.getAddonInfo('profile')) locate the UserdataFolder

addonfavs=os.path.join(addonUserDataFolder, addonID+".favorites") path for addon favs under userdata

icontest = os.path.join(addonDir, 'icontest.png')

When you want the xbmcvfs on you addon look on the scriptmodule.xbmcfvs what for fuctions since working on it (is a scriptmodule on xbmc4xbox)
when you want the storageserver on your addon pleace add a working storageserver dummy and a try except or if else to access the storageserver ot the storageserverdummy .
the commonplugin cache is a service addon we can not address a service addon so we handle the storageserver over the storageserver dummy