Way to mount Samba share as drive letter?

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
dingdongyo

Way to mount Samba share as drive letter?

Post by dingdongyo »

Hello,

I have a few softmodded xboxes with a couple of emulators on each. I want the ability to set the save game directory to a Samba share, so I can save a game on one and resume it on another (with as little fuss as possible). I have a Samba share set up on a raspberry pi 2 running ubuntu mate 16.04. Ideally, i'd like to keep it on the pi so i'm not constantly powering another computer in the house.

I'm able to view the Samba share location from the XBMC4XBOX dashboard and from inside the emulator (mednafenx-nes), but when i set the save game default directory to the Samba share, i see an error that the location is not writeable. I can create files on the share from a PC without issue.

One thing (i think) i noticed is that XBMC4XBOX creates an R and Q drive on boot. When I boot the xbox using a softmodding disc, those drives are not there. But they are when booting XBMC4XBOX normally. Also, the emulators see those drives as regular drive letters, and presumably, can write to them.

Is there any way to modify the dashboard to mount a Samba share location to another drive letter? Perhaps that would allow me to select it from within the emulators as a valid save game path.

If that can't be done, does anyone have any alternative ideas for achieving the same goal? I'm open to exploring options, and very thankful for any information you can provide.