Filling up 2tb with games

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
urGirlMJ

Filling up 2tb with games

Post by urGirlMJ »

Hi, sorry, I am a complete noob at this so I have been unable to find the answer anywhere else (I might just be oblivious).

I have recently added a 2tb drive to my xbox and downloaded the internet archive of xbox games which i since have stored somewhere. When using the xbpartitioner tool I had created a F and G partition with ~900gb each in 64k clusters. My question is simple then, How am i supposed to set up my files in order to be able to access all the games? Do i need a primary Games folder with a Games1-??? subfolder and then split the number of games per subfolder to 120 games (i think i read that somewhere) or is there some other method to do this? I apologize for my incompetence...

Thanks!
Coldly-Indifferent

Re: Filling up 2tb with games

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

Assuming you're using XBMC of some form you can easily list any or multiple location(s) as a source for Games.

If you have a whole archive it would make sense to put them in alphabetized sub-folders in your F:\ and G:\Games folders.

You'll have to create the sub-folders yourself using either the Xbox's file manager or on PC and FTP the folders into place and the add each sub-folder as a source (WHITE button context menu when you're in Programs menu*).

* That may vary depending on the skin you're using.

TBH I'm not sure how other dashboards ie. UnleashX handle sub-folders. I've not done this myself so I'm just guessing that you'd probably have to add all the alphabetized sub-folders individually by editing the config.xml. That, I think, would mean creating new "List Item..." entries for each sub-folder separately.