Programs doesn't populate even with source added

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
barnold

Programs doesn't populate even with source added

Post by barnold »

Hello XBMC friends!

I have a box running XBMC4Xbox 3.6-DEV-r33028 installed from the Rocky5 extras disc and pretty much everything is running smoothly. The Games folder populates correctly with my sources added, however I still get a blank Programs directory even though I have added my Apps folder as a source (located at E:\Apps). It doesn't matter whether I name the source "Apps", "Programs", or "Applications", the menu shows blank unless I press B to go back to the root list. Is there any way to fix this? Do I need to name the Programs source something specific for all my installed apps to populate when I click into that menu? Or is it intended that the Programs menu does not show an applications list by default unless you navigate to that source directly?

I have done a lot of reading on the wiki and through the forums but have been unable to find a definite answer, though maybe I just haven't looked in the right place. Thanks to everyone for their hard work on XBMC4Xbox :)
Coldly-Indifferent

Re: Programs doesn't populate even with source added

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

I think it might be a fairly simply thing.

Under Programs find the Apps folder or whatever it is called. Now click (B)ack and that should highlight what you call the root folder being used. Then use the WHITE button context menu and the option to Remove Default on that folder.

On restarting XBMC, under Programs it should default display the folders for Apps, Games, etc and if you highlight and click on those you should get the contents displayed.

If it is not this exact problem it is probably a related one; either something else has been made default and needs to be removed as default or alternatively needs to be made default.
barnold

Post by barnold »

Coldly-Indifferent wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:17 pm I think it might be a fairly simply thing.

Under Programs find the Apps folder or whatever it is called. Now click (B)ack and that should highlight what you call the root folder being used. Then use the WHITE button context menu and the option to Remove Default on that folder.

On restarting XBMC, under Programs it should default display the folders for Apps, Games, etc and if you highlight and click on those you should get the contents displayed.

If it is not this exact problem it is probably a related one; either something else has been made default and needs to be removed as default or alternatively needs to be made default.
thanks for the advice! I gave this a shot but unfortunately it did not provide any success. I highlighted the Apps folder, made it the default, restarted XBMC, and the Programs menu is still blank. I went back, removed the default from the Apps folder, restarted XBMC, and it is still blank. It is very odd that setting the default source works for the Games menu, but not for the Programs menu.
Coldly-Indifferent

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

The Programs > Apps folder shouldn't be blank if the path is correct so use the XBMC file manager to check that E:\Apps, F:\Apps and G:|Apps or wherever your applications folders are located (they can be all three) are actually there and you've not double stacked them. By that I mean for example E:\Apps\Applications\ or something like that.

It should just be E:\Apps\application name\content which must include a default.xbe.

It should not matter what you've called the containing folder: Apps, Applications, Appz,.......whatever, as long as the source path or paths used matches an actual location.

BTW what XBMC skin are you using?