Help removing Rocky5 softmod now I have a mod chip

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Dagoth_Ur

Help removing Rocky5 softmod now I have a mod chip

Post by Dagoth_Ur »

Hi guy's, I had the Rocky5 softmod installed on my 1.6 xbox with a 2TB HDD, which did what I wanted it to do.

I now have an open xenium mod chip in my 1.6 xbox, and just FTP'd a BIOS (Evox M8 Plus 16). I also loaded this BIOS in EVtools 1.0.9 for the LBA48 patch (so this BIOS can see large HDD's).

Before I really load up and start using the new BIOS, I wanted to know how to remove the Rocky5 softmod so the C drive only has the factory setup? (I'm guessing it'd be healthier to have just one mod/BIOS so they do not clash?) I'd appreciate any advice on this.

I also wanted to remove the UDDAE exploit as wanted the stock music player functionality back.
Coldly-Indifferent

Re: Help removing Rocky5 softmod now I have a mod chip

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

If your chip is working OK and your DVD drive likewise all you really need to do is, making sure the HDD is unlocked first, take it out and wipe it on PC then use an installer disc to setup a dashboard etc for a hardmodded Xbox.

I'd make sure I had an eeprom backup if not done already. You don't need it for a hardmod but there's no telling what may happen in future; the chip may fail and you may want to reinstall a softmod or return the Xbox to retail state for whatever reason.

If the DVD drive is dodgy then you can still install a dashboard for a hardmod using FATXplorer on PC.

Personally I do all this with a new clean HDD instead and keep the known working existing HDD as backup, at least until you have the new HDD up and running.
Dagoth_Ur

Re: Help removing Rocky5 softmod now I have a mod chip

Post by Dagoth_Ur »

Coldly-Indifferent wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:00 am If your chip is working OK and your DVD drive likewise all you really need to do is, making sure the HDD is unlocked first, take it out and wipe it on PC then use an installer disc to setup a dashboard etc for a hardmodded Xbox.

I'd make sure I had an eeprom backup if not done already. You don't need it for a hardmod but there's no telling what may happen in future; the chip may fail and you may want to reinstall a softmod or return the Xbox to retail state for whatever reason.

If the DVD drive is dodgy then you can still install a dashboard for a hardmod using FATXplorer on PC.

Personally I do all this with a new clean HDD instead and keep the known working existing HDD as backup, at least until you have the new HDD up and running.
Thank you for the response. I actually replaced the stock HDD with a 2TB I unlocked and then copied EEPROM (I backed this and the original data up and also have my stock HDD) when I did the original softmod.

I managed to remove the softmod in the end now I have the open xenium chip. I found the uninstaller on the Rocky5 extra's disc and cleaned E & C partitions after backing them up (I went to file explorer and D partition then ran it). I then put back some of the data I'd backed up. But additionally I had to go into TDATA>fffe000>music and delete the ST.DB file - JCRocky5's UDDAE which restored music player function. As this and some save files like Splinter Cell are left on there for future re-soft mod.