ToDDS issue

General discussion relating to XBMC4XBOX. Please use the support forums for help on using the software or plugins.
byron

ToDDS issue

Post by byron »

Wasn't sure where to post this, but this should be good I think. I've been meaning to post this for awhile, but never got around to it. I looked around to see if I could find the origin of this .exe (I'm certain this was discussed in another place/forum at some point) but couldn't track it down...anyway, the problem with ToDDS is that it only scans one specific folder (q://userdata/thumbnails/video) and not all of the q://userdata/thumbnails/. So if memory serves me right the only workaround (which I've done and works) is to take the program thumbs folder and rename that to "video" (and also first rename the actual video folder to "video1" or whatever), scan with ToDDS, rename back to programs, then repeat for music and pics, then rename "video1" back to it's original name.

So is it possible to de-compile .exe? Just thinking out loud here, but if it's possible I wouldn't think it would be too far of a stretch (for someone that understands the code) to make a few adjustments to ToDDS to make it scan the other thumbnail folders as well. It might be a worthwhile, tangible endeavor perhaps...even if started from scratch.
Dan Dar3

Re: ToDDS issue

Post by Dan Dar3 »

When you posted this How To Use ToDDS a year ago I though your wrote it...
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... 993&p=9139

I think the best way is to find its author really and ask them to make the change or maybe publish the sources. There is no indication though in program properties (Details tab) about the author, other than the original name of the project was "Bitmapper for XBMC4Xbox" and original filename "bitmapper.exe".

Couldn't find more on that from program strings either, but something that might be useful if you really want to go ahead with the de-compile that it was developed with Borland Delphi 7 SE (c:\program files (x86)\delphi7se\uLib\imaging\source\ImagingFormats.pas)