Due to continued discussion of addons that stream from websites that host copyrighted/pirate content we need to tighten up the forum rules on this (in the same way as XBMC has).
1. All discussions dealing directly with or linking to add-ons, websites, software or services that violate UK copyright laws ("pirated content") will be removed/closed when a forum moderator has been made aware of them.
2. Discussions for add-ons that link directly to pirated content and enables the user to access that content through the add-on will be shut down.
3. All links to pirated content will be removed.
4. "Pirated content" addons, websites, and services typically do not include the following (to be determined on a case-by-case basis if nessesary):
A. The add-on does not actually perform the act of accessing pirated content ("mistaken identitiy") [For example, Sickbeard, which performs no actual downloading or streaming.]
B. The add-on has the potential to access pirated content, but is potentially useful for downloading legal content as well. [For example, an add-on that downloads torrents is not, itself, a problem, since a torrent can cover a wide variety content, including legally distrubuted videos.]
C. The add-on links/accesses content in a similar way to a normal web browser. This is done under the assumption that if the content owner did not want the content streamed, the owner should have not made the content available to be streamed in their site. [For example, the Bluecop Repository.]
D. The add-on accesses content with permission of the content owner, the content is "copyleft" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyleft), or or the add-on accesses content without the clear disapproval of the content owner.
Thread originators or add-on developers may petition Forum Moderators to re-open a thread that was closed if he or she believes one of the above exceptions applies.
5. These rules apply only to the forum. They do not apply to the XBMC Addon Repository. At no point will any user be prevented from using XBMC4Xbox Media Center as they so choose, nor will they be prevented from adding additional Addons not in the XBMC4Xbox Addon Repository or additional addon repositories.
Thanks to XBMC for letting us use their rules as a base.
1 post • Page 1 of 1