My weakness is numbers (and everything that has to do with them) I've done an upgrade with "chimp 261812" to a bigger 250gb drive in the past, and that was fairly easy, as i cloned the stock hdd like this:
- clone "C & E" ("F" takes the remaining space)
But now i would like to upgrade to a 500gb drive and this is where it gets complicated. (PS: i'm using my clean stock hdd again to clone from)
I can't get a grip around, on how to set up my new drive the best possible way. There was an information that "F" can only go up to 137gb after that, corruption can happen - since my first drive was only 250gb, "F" could be over 137gb without any problems - if i understood this correctly.
In "chimp 261812" i have now the following selections:
1) F is capped at 137gb
2) F occupies all available space
3) G occupies space beyond 137gb
4) F & G splits space evenly
5) Custom F size, G gets the rest
The questions that bother me:
- Since my new drive is bigger than 250gb, i have to make sure, "F" is only 137gb .... so would 3) be the option to choose for me?
- Will "chimp 261812" automatically set the right cluster sizes?
Thank you in advance