Downloading mods for Xbox Games?

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
DeafWench

Downloading mods for Xbox Games?

Post by DeafWench »

I am down a rabbit hole right now. Originally I saw this comment
which states:
"Goldberg was planned to be featured in the WrestleMania 21 video game but was cut from the game following his departure from WWE in March 2004. Goldberg's model and entrance data remained in the final retail version of the game.

What you see here is a mod from 2005 of WM 21 that aimed to restore cut content and add alternate attires and updated themes for the wrestlers in the game. You can play this mod free of charge if you have a modded original Xbox. This mod is downloadable from the "Downloads" menu in the XBMC application for Xbox."

This is the part that caught my attention. Now, I do have an xbox in storage somewhere so I thought I would try with xemu. Following this tutorial

I got XBMC to be the xboxdash on xemu. My only problem now is. How do I download the mod? There is no downloads menu.
Coldly-Indifferent

Re: Downloading mods for Xbox Games?

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

I'm not sure what the poster of that information is talking about.

I went looking for the mod in question and all I can find is other forums where the same 'advice' is repeated.

If there is a mod download it should not require the XBMC dashboard specifically to download and install it. That suggests to me it is not a mod download but actually a script download of some sort that enables the character by modding the installed game files. Only XBMC can run scripts like this on the Xbox and that sounds more like what is being described.

But where you find it, again, I have no idea.
DeafWench

Re: Downloading mods for Xbox Games?

Post by DeafWench »

So I managed to find a really old thread talking about it. Another post from a seemingly deranged person looking for the pack with one reply. This is as far as I got though. Something about using XXI Explorer. This How to mod your Xbox thread seems interesting. Though not the prize.

I did manage to find it in a really old blog of all things. Clicking download inside that link takes you here. It is all starting to come together.

EDIT: It seems that XXI Explorer needs some sort of microsoft redistributable. I found 2.2 on xentax. Though getting it to work on Wnidows 10, seems to be another challenge altogether.

EDIT2: After spending about half a day looking up information and $45 on a Microsoft Subscription in order to get .NET Visual Basic 2003. I was able to get XXI Explorer working.

EDIT3: So I found out that the mod has a password tied to one of the archives. So I ended up finding the original post here. Taking a guess at the password since the OP was made by CrazyChris himself I tried "wrestlinggames.de" (without quotes) and low and behold it worked.