What should I do?

Here you can discuss things that are not directly related to running or using XBMC4XBOX.
PhobosDevourer

What should I do?

Post by PhobosDevourer » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:52 pm

So I recently purchased a power mac G4 in pretty decent condition, with the purpouse of just doing offline work in it, like school reports and stuff.
It has been upgraded to 1gb of ram and has a 400 GHz processor.
However I cant seem to find any use for it.
I mean, there are no apps to download for it, it cant play dvds (it does have a DVD drive), etc.
I bought it really cheap so I wouldnt like to put any more money into it, and Im not really the guy who plans to gut it and put regular pc parts in it for a hackingtosh, or putting Xbox inside of it.
Do any of you guys recommend a good Linux distro?
thanks in advance!

jazzycian

Re: What should I do?

Post by jazzycian » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:58 pm

Zorin OS is nice. It's designed to look fairly similar to to windows so it would be quite intuitive to use. Linux mint is also nice or straight up Ubuntu

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

PhobosDevourer

Post by PhobosDevourer » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:54 pm

This will be my first time with any other OS other tan Windows, hope this will work out alright, I will look up how to do a dual os set up, thanks for your suggestions, will post pictures of this son.
EDIT: well aparently zorin OS is not an option, since it doesnt match the reqirements :/

professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:30 am

You could install morph os which is an Amiga compatible os it is very resource savy

just cant have a NVidia video card is the only requirement it should run on your g4.

PhobosDevourer

Post by PhobosDevourer » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:14 am

So a Little update to this, idk if I mentioned it before, but it came with a mac os 10.2 installation.Well...
SOMEHOW I managed to screw it up and is now only booting mac os 9.2 in German.
I feel stuck, but I might try Morph OS, I was checking puppy Linux, but as far as i read there is no compatible versión with mac OS.
this will be my vacation Project it seems 8-)
Really would appreciate any suggestions on how to get it to boot up to mac os 10.2 tho, since I just dont understand German at all