Flashed the wrong bios :(

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
CoffeeBreak

Flashed the wrong bios :(

Post by CoffeeBreak » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:46 pm

Hi all,
I think I fu**ed my xbox :(

My xbox is chipped with Aladdin XT, and was running m8plus.fc.137.bin bios from the HeXen 2017 disk. Some days ago I installed a 500GB HDD with SATA2IDE adapter, and I started noticing that from time to time during boot I was getting ERROR 07.
So I googled and i found that this is due to the slow SATA2IDE adapter, and can be avoided slowing down the boot process.
Somebody suggested me to use the IND bios instead of the m8plus, so I booted again the HeXen 2017 disk and flashed the IND bios (256k with only F:).
Result: my xbox is dead. Black screen at boot.

Is there anything I can do? maybe removing the Aladdin XT chip?

EDIT: I disabled the Aladdin XT chip (removed BT point from ground) and the MS Dash starts! Now... is there any way to reset the Aladdin XT flash?

Quentindray74

Re: Flashed the wrong bios :(

Post by Quentindray74 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:09 pm

Hello!
I need more informations,
When you turn your chip on,
Does the XBOX turns on, then turns off, then turns on with the green light flashing? and turns off, THEN finally turns on with green/red cycle flashing leds?
If it's true, then, your ModCuhip is dead, what you can do is to TSOP your XBOX which is Risky,
I've got a 1.1 XBOX TSOPPED which works very Fine with IND-BIOS 5003 for F & G, so, if you need help, I'm here.
Another Question, What is your XBOX version?

CoffeeBreak

Post by CoffeeBreak » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:11 pm

Quentindray74 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:09 pm
Hello!
I need more informations,
When you turn your chip on,
Does the XBOX turns on, then turns off, then turns on with the green light flashing? and turns off, THEN finally turns on with green/red cycle flashing leds?
If it's true, then, your ModCuhip is dead, what you can do is to TSOP your XBOX which is Risky,
I've got a 1.1 XBOX TSOPPED which works very Fine with IND-BIOS 5003 for F & G, so, if you need help, I'm here.
Another Question, What is your XBOX version?
Hello,
my xbox is ver 1.1, and when i turn it on with the chip enabled, it stay in blackscreen forever. No reboot, no shutdown, no flashing lights. It is powered on but in coma.

Quentindray74

Post by Quentindray74 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:00 pm

Press the eject button when you turn it on with the cheap enabled?

EDIT: Btw, if you can post a video on Ytb to show the two startups (with & without the cheap enabled) it will be helpful.

tim619

Post by tim619 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:12 pm

Some years ago I had the same problem. I remembered that my xbox was still softmodded (and hdd locked!), so I cut the wire to D0 and everything worked.
Before doing this I thought about removing the memory chip from the modchip (it was possbile without soldering), but it was to much work for me.
If your hdd is not locked you could try to desolder and replace the chip or replace the memory on the chip with preflashed one or similar.

EDIT:
I now read that you did the same.
I was also wondering if it's possbile to make the chip work again. Maybe it could be possible by hotflashing using a switch.
You let it off while starting and when you are in the menu to flash, you turn the chip on using the switch. But that's just an idea.

Hodge92

Post by Hodge92 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:27 am

I'm suffering with this problem too from using HeXEn 2017. Same symptoms as you :(

Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:38 am

Ind-bios looks on the HDD for ind-bios.cfg on the root of C. This happens right at the beginning of the boot process so it has to wait for the HDD to initialise. Normally you would see text on the screen.

What adaptor and what IDE cable are you using? as is mandatory to use an 80 wire IDE cable with all SATA adaptors, regardless of whether they work with the default IDE cable or not. ( there are issue down the line )
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5

Hodge92

Post by Hodge92 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:43 am

Except I flashed a M8 256kb bios but I still get the same results. Any ideas?

Quentindray74

Post by Quentindray74 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:11 pm

I'm pretty sure that you did not flashed it correctly, I mean, some years ago, I had the same problem cuz i turned off the XBOX while flashing, so, this is due to the Chip or your memory is overloaded but it might be the modchip which blew up while writing/reading the new bios