XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post ideas or dicuss development of the Blog / Forum / Bugtracker etc
User avatar
Rocky5
Posts: 957
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:27 am
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by Rocky5 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:47 pm

Toanuiva wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:56 pm
Hello Guys, please tell me, how can i change the font type, size and color of the game's title? thanks
In the view files

But you would need to replace the font files or add more to the font.xml
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod


Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5

Toanuiva
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:28 am

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by Toanuiva » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:00 pm

But i can use a existing font without changing the font.xml right?

I'm only "poster view", but i can't find the good line in the xml.. I don't understand very well xml ^^

Any idea rocky5 of the "line name"?

Thanks for answers ;)

User avatar
Rocky5
Posts: 957
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:27 am
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by Rocky5 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:28 pm

Use notepad++ and search for type=“label”

The rest is self explanatory. I’m not going to do it for you so, make changes and test. Once you get the hang of it you will be able to do more and more.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod


Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5

Toanuiva
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:28 am

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by Toanuiva » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:22 am

Thanks

Toanuiva
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:28 am

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by Toanuiva » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:53 am

That's ok for that thanks !
One last question if it is possible

is it possible to hide some covers , like only have the "center zoomed one" and one at left, one at right?
And so, is it possible to move them away from the center one ,to have more space bettween them? i'm sorry ,i tried a lot of thing, but that , i can't find it

thanks for your time

krah
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:38 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by krah » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:13 am

Viewtype_PosterView.xml change some numbers and test, i would suggest width of covers and make it not stretch..you would need to do the reflection too so it matches..rocky5 has marked the reflection <!-- Flipped images --> in the xml for your convenience..if you are unsure about anything best thing to do is take a copy of your working skin, edit and test/revert back to original if you mess up and cant remember all the changes you made.

Mozbius
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:27 am

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by Mozbius » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:35 am

Is there a way to block access to dangerous stuff namely filemanager which allows files to be deleted / moved ....?

User avatar
Rocky5
Posts: 957
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:27 am
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by Rocky5 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:31 am

Mozbius wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:35 am
Is there a way to block access to dangerous stuff namely filemanager which allows files to be deleted / moved ....?
Disable edit mode.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod


Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5

Mozbius
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:27 am

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by Mozbius » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:54 am

Rocky5 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:31 am
Mozbius wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:35 am
Is there a way to block access to dangerous stuff namely filemanager which allows files to be deleted / moved ....?
Disable edit mode.

Fantastic!!! Thank you very much! That XBMC4Gamers is AWESOME!

User avatar
LudviG
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:05 pm
Location: Norway
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by LudviG » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:05 pm

I was trying out this for one of my xboxes, and i noticed when launching automatic install of games with dvd2xbox i got the option of methods. And i saw there was an ISO mode, does this mean that i can use this to make isos of my original games, and later ftp to a pc for backup?

Normal i guess is the same qwix does with iso, extract them to the xbox?
Never argue with an idiot! First he brings you down to his level, then he beats you with experience.

User avatar
Rocky5
Posts: 957
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:27 am
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by Rocky5 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:57 pm

LudviG wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:05 pm
I was trying out this for one of my xboxes, and i noticed when launching automatic install of games with dvd2xbox i got the option of methods. And i saw there was an ISO mode, does this mean that i can use this to make isos of my original games, and later ftp to a pc for backup?

Normal i guess is the same qwix does with iso, extract them to the xbox?
You could yes, but larger games over 4GB will be split into multiple 4GB iso files. Max file size on FatX is 4GB.

The pupose of that rip method is so you can play back the few games that have long file name protection on a softmodded or hardmodded system patched with the CD-ROM modchip patcher. ( NKPatcher for hacked bios )

Well it’s not the only reason, it cleans up the hdd a lot since most games will be 2 files, the loader and the XISO file.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod


Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5

User avatar
zosohendrix
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:02 am

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by zosohendrix » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:07 am

How do I add images to the empty boxes that say "no fanart.jpg found" and the same for poster, thumb, icon, and banner? I know how to do the default.tbn for the cover but I have no idea how to get images in these areas. Also, thanks for making this I was looking for something just like this. Emustation is great too!

EDIT: ok I finally got the fanart.jpg to work on all views except the one showing all the image types. I added images for the other options and titled them appropriately (banner.jpg, etc.) too and tried to match the size and dimensions the best I could guess but I guess maybe they have to be very specific sizes or they don't show? I dunno not that big of a deal I doubt I would spend the time adding 5 images for every game but I'm stubborn when it comes to figuring things out. :D

User avatar
Rocky5
Posts: 957
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:27 am
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by Rocky5 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:14 pm

zosohendrix wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:07 am
How do I add images to the empty boxes that say "no fanart.jpg found" and the same for poster, thumb, icon, and banner? I know how to do the default.tbn for the cover but I have no idea how to get images in these areas. Also, thanks for making this I was looking for something just like this. Emustation is great too!

EDIT: ok I finally got the fanart.jpg to work on all views except the one showing all the image types. I added images for the other options and titled them appropriately (banner.jpg, etc.) too and tried to match the size and dimensions the best I could guess but I guess maybe they have to be very specific sizes or they don't show? I dunno not that big of a deal I doubt I would spend the time adding 5 images for every game but I'm stubborn when it comes to figuring things out. :D
https://github.com/Rocky5/XBMC4Gamers#g ... d-synopsis
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod


Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5

skeletor64
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:19 am
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by skeletor64 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:05 pm

This skin is great - love the fanart and synopsis. Have a question regarding playlist at startup. I have no issue creating the playlist, and when I have startup window set as home (in settings), the skin boots into my games folder and plays the tunes. However, I prefer booting to my programs page and was wondering If the playlist could automatically start under those conditions. I scoured through the xml files for a quite a bit and couldn't find anything conclusive. Thanks in advance

User avatar
Rocky5
Posts: 957
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:27 am
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by Rocky5 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:37 am

skeletor64 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:05 pm
This skin is great - love the fanart and synopsis. Have a question regarding playlist at startup. I have no issue creating the playlist, and when I have startup window set as home (in settings), the skin boots into my games folder and plays the tunes. However, I prefer booting to my programs page and was wondering If the playlist could automatically start under those conditions. I scoured through the xml files for a quite a bit and couldn't find anything conclusive. Thanks in advance
Yes, playlist is started before the menu is loaded.

Menuloader is the xml you want to edit to change the location it boots to.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod


Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5

1971camaroguy
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:27 pm
Location: Arkansas, USA

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by 1971camaroguy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:33 pm

awesome awesome skin...thanks for doing this and sharing. I was looking for something easy for kids to use with limited controls and settings. I have been tweaking the skin and able to go in and out of edit mode...this is pretty easy to use.

Again many thanks!

RoofTop
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:00 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by RoofTop » Sat May 12, 2018 11:47 am

Hi Rocky, got 3 questions:

1. Is it possible to have own fanart/background image for each source I create ?
"applications" "emulators" "games" etc ?

2. Is it possible to have the background music continue play after watching video previews from the synopsis ?

3. Would it be possible to wrap from left <---> right when browsing apps, emulators or games a-z ? Currently the cursor control stops when you reach the leftmost or rightmost icon from the list. Would be handy as I got 500+ listed items in one of the sources.

Thanks for a great dash.

IDE2SATA
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:01 pm
Has thanked: 4 times

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by IDE2SATA » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:37 pm

empty....

User avatar
shim
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:54 am
Location: Canada
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by shim » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:07 am

Thank you for sharing your brilliant work! :D

swaltz
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 7:39 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: XBMC4Gamers (Pet project)

Post by swaltz » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:27 am

I love this dash.

However with 800+ XBOX titles from which to select it is rather cumbersome to select any titles in the the later stages of the alphabet.

Is there a way to go directly to a letter or set up a genre grouping instead of having to scroll through the entire library on XBMC4Gamers?

If I had the knowledge to code this myself I would however, unfortunately I do not.

Rocky5: Thank you for this dash!

Post Reply