Will people please help me flag this video as fake

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
Post Reply
tx3000
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:26 am

Will people please help me flag this video as fake

Post by tx3000 »

There is so much fake and missing information in this video, it's disgusting.

7:11 - 7:16 - Has him saying to do something that isn't even possible to do, yet clearly edits the video to show a result that he faked. You cannot drag a picture into an editing program the way he does, and then have it open in the same exact picture that is already in there. The image being dragged in, would open a completely new and separate window, which in turn, makes the first picture useless.

That next major problem starts at 7:51
He shows a picture being placed into into a folder/directory, then proceeds to open photoshop,. He then clicks a few options in photoshop's menu's, and BAM, somehow a poster magically shows up in a completely different folder/directory that isn't even connected to photoshop. yeah because that's how unconnected programs work right..After all, I know when I save a file to my desktop, it magically shows up in an external drive I do not even have connected to my computer.

This is the video that needs to be removed

User avatar
GoTeamScotch
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:17 am
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 72 times

Re: Will people please help me flag this video as fake

Post by GoTeamScotch »

Welcome back. Looks like you've got a fresh new account and are ready to spout even more nonsense, blaming others for your lack of understanding and basic skills.
tx3000 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:38 am You cannot drag a picture into an editing program the way he does, and then have it open in the same exact picture that is already in there. The image being dragged in, would open a completely new and separate window, which in turn, makes the first picture useless.
Wrong. Dragging a picture onto an open document in photoshop imports it as a smart object, as he shows in the video. You can, however, open an image as a new/separate document if you drop it near the top of the program instead of on the canvas of your existing document.
tx3000 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:38 am He shows a picture being placed into into a folder/directory, then proceeds to open photoshop,. He then clicks a few options in photoshop's menu's, and BAM, somehow a poster magically shows up in a completely different folder/directory that isn't even connected to photoshop.
He's running a batch operation. Rocky was kind enough to provide a batch to make the process easier for other people. This is a script that tells photoshop to perform a series of specific tasks on an image (or set of images) without you having to click around and do everything by hand. Batches can be configured to output files to a given directory.
Image
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
tx3000
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:26 am

Re: Will people please help me flag this video as fake

Post by tx3000 »

@GoTeamScotch
Not sure what is with people such as yourself purposely trying to provoke arguments right after someone calls out a fraud that is somehow liked by the community, but you can do it without me. Welcome to the ignore list.
BTW the whole "Welcome back" and mentioning fresh account is old. Real old. You're obviously someone from the Steam forum because that is a classic steam user assault that you will have something to say about it no matter what the reply is. If i say I'm not him you say I am, if I don't reply, you say well you didn't deny it. Again, classic assault Steam do to people on forums who happen to agree with more than one person who goes against the masses.
but I digress. After i post this reply, You're going on ignore

BTW that video is missing tons of crucial information. Not sure how anyone thinks that video is good. it's total garbage. and for the record I tried dragging pictures onto the version of photoshop I have and it doesn't work.
Last edited by tx3000 on Sun May 30, 2021 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
GoTeamScotch
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:17 am
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 72 times

Re: Will people please help me flag this video as fake

Post by GoTeamScotch »

tx3000 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:51 am Not sure what is with people such as yourself purposely trying to provoke arguments right after someone calls out a fraud that is somehow liked by the community, but you can do it without me.
"trying to provoke arguments"
You claim people are trying to commit fraud, that it's "disgusting", you claim Rocky is editing the video when he's clearly not. Saying it's useless, sarcastically saying it "magically appears". You're being disrespectful as hell. Who's "provoking arguments" here?

"right after someone calls out a fraud that is somehow liked by the community"
Your claim of fraud is wrong though. See my last reply for specifics.
tx3000 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:51 am You're obviously someone from the Steam forum because
Nope.
tx3000 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:51 am for the record I tried dragging pictures onto the version of photoshop I have and it doesn't work.
Here's a gif I just made showing that it does work.
https://i.imgur.com/ZBWPM1w.gifv

I'd be happy to help answer your questions about how to use Photoshop If you knew how to conduct yourself like an adult. I've been using Photoshop for 20 years (professionally for 10). But that ship has sailed i guess since you blocked me. Anyone else reading this in the future years from now can use it as an example of how not to ask for help.

The beautiful thing about open source software- if you don't like how it works, you're welcome to make a better version of it. Same goes for videos too. Everyone here is doing this in our free time because we enjoy it. Instead of complaining about your free software and disrespecting its authors, pick up a book and start learning code or record your own video. Be careful though, idiots online will still get confused by whatever you say, no matter how clear and easy you make it.
Image
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
Post Reply