Burning HDD ready games to disc

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
subzero1970

Burning HDD ready games to disc

Post by subzero1970 »

Hi, I have downloaded a lot of games that are HDD Ready, however I only have the stock HDD in my xbox, how easy (or difficult) is it to burn these games to a disc (they are in 7-zip format

thanks in advance!
Coldly-Indifferent

Re: Burning HDD ready games to disc

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

I'd first recommend you install a larger HDD. It is almost pointless modding your Xbox, which I hope you understand is a prerequisite for playing downloaded games, and keeping the original 8GB HDD.

However with 'HDD ready' downloads you want to burn to disc you need to unzip them first. Make sure they're in a one level folder only ie. game name > content and not game name > game name > content which can often 'happen' when zipping or unzipping files.

Next you need to create an XISO from that folder using Qwix or the C Xbox Tool (Google them - both easily found downloads). Its a very quick process whichever you use.

Once done you can burn that XISO image to disc using your preferred program (ImgBurn at default settings 'Write image file to disc' recommended).
subzero1970

Post by subzero1970 »

Thanks for the help! I do eventually intend on upgrading the hdd :)
subzero1970

Post by subzero1970 »

Ok so some images are 6gb! Clearly doesn't fit on a standard dvd-r! :lol:
Coldly-Indifferent

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

There are a few games like that but they may still work with dual layer discs if your burner supports them and, more likely a cause of problems, your Xbox DVD drive 'likes' the particular type being used.

For some reason, perhaps just the limited number of games this affects, there seems to have been little disc media testing to find out what brands work best with the various Xbox DVD drives.