I buggered it up!!!

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
ttex

I buggered it up!!!

Post by ttex »

Hey there, Im new here and find this place very interesting. Looks like there are alot of useful topics here and helpful people. I have softmodded my original xbox a while back with a softmod and installed the tech3 xbmc dont remember what build. I tried to upgrade to the latest build 3.2.1 by overwirting all files as someone suggested, by did not work. I tried a clean install by deleted all old files from the E:dashboard, now my xbox only starts in exvolutionx v+3935 a simply version of it with only to menu items (Launch disk and System settings) I still can FTP the Xbox. My question is, how can I place a clean install of xbmc latest build back on to the xbox and have the tech3 xbmc start when I turn on my xbox again?

Thanks in advance.

:D
professor_jonny

Re: I buggered it up!!!

Post by professor_jonny »

id use hexen to do that for you let it set up your softmod and put on xbmc then just update via ftp once it is all working.
Heimdall

Post by Heimdall »

Which softmod did you use originally?
ttex

Post by ttex »

I had the one I used with the action replay method through the memory card and I actually forgot what game I used. But I remember I had always used the t3ch xbmc.

Hope this makes sense.

TIA

;)
Heimdall

Post by Heimdall »

It may make sense, but it doesn't help much. Softmod installers have names - Krayzie and SID are the two best known, but there are others, many very old and no longer supported. They all install their dashboards in many different places, so unless you know which one you used it is very difficult to provide step-by-step guidance.

Given that, your best bet is to do what professor_jonny suggested - use HeXEn to reinstall your softmod, then we will know which softmod you have, where the dash is etc., so we can then help you install the latest XBMC quickly.
ttex

Post by ttex »

Hello everyone I got it all working now I went step by step using hexen and im actually back better than before. My previous build was from 2006 this one looks like its from 2009. I am now going to try once again to attempt to ftp the cuurent build 3.2.1.

Thanks for everyones help.

:mrgreen:
ttex

I buggered it up!!! PART 2

Post by ttex »

Well hello everyone. I tried going step by step to install the latest update went through the video that buzz made to help us all. When I rebooted my xbox, funny thing. It booted back up to the original xbox dash. Weird eh? Well let me know how to fix this please, I guess I can use Hexen again. I just want to have the current build.

Thanks in Advance

:geek:
ttex

I buggered it up!!! Back

Post by ttex »

Just got the xbox back from the dead again. It's back to where i had it when I used with hexen. Now I need help with the update.

TIA

:mrgreen:
Heimdall

Post by Heimdall »

Use HeXEn Option 4.1 to install XBMC. Use FTP to delete everything from E:\Apps\XBMC\ and replace it with the latest version.

If you want XBMC as your dash then select "Switch Dashboards" from the UnleashX menu. Alternatively run HeXEn option 5.1.2.3 or 5.1.3.3.
ttex

Post by ttex »

Hello Again, that's the easy part. I am having trouble going to the next build. I have tried going step by step with the buzz tutorial and my xbox did not like it and just started on the ms default dash. Does Hexen have an option to install the lastest builds.

I need help with installing the lastest build 3.2.1.

Thanks in advance

:?:
Heimdall

Post by Heimdall »

Do EXACTLY what it says in my previous post. It really isn't complicated.....
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Listen to Heimdall - he's a GURU! 8-)
Heimdall

Post by Heimdall »

Ah - hold on. Are you trying to replace the existing compiled version with the source code? When you unpack the version you download, does it contain the default.xbe file? If not then that's your problem - you need to find a compiled version.
ttex

Post by ttex »

Your right heimdall I do not have the default.xbe. Where do I get a compiled version.

TIA

:D
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

It's easy enough to find on the forum, look for the thread started by "B4K3D pi"