Rocky 5 softmod 1.1.8

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
alfredo2

Rocky 5 softmod 1.1.8

Post by alfredo2 »

I am trying to do some tinkering with my 1.6b xbox, just some ftping saves and some work with configmagic. I want to keep the console as stock as possible, I was going to use SID but to be honest I much prefer to use Rocky's softmod tool 1.1.8 as it is known as the best and most reliable. Just 3 questions I have about Rocky's softmod tool 1.1.8. specifically

After I uninstall the softmod when I am done, when the gamesave exploit is loaded, is it safe to overwrite Tdata and Udata with my own files? In other words does the exploit load in memory like SID so I can delete everything on E and write my own files?

When uninstalling the softmod, it states in the manual that the gamesaves exploits will be reinstalled to e and UDDAE exploit will be put in place to reinstall the mod if needed. How would I go about uninstalling the UDDAE exploit? I want to keep the system stock after I have done a few things.

Does Rockys softmod install anything to the hard drive (like config area) or other parts to the system other than C and E drive?

Thanks
Coldly-Indifferent

Re: Rocky 5 softmod 1.1.8

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

My solution would be not to bother with most of what you want to do. If you wish the Xbox to be returnable to stock state then softmod it with whatever takes your fancy and clone (Chimp 261812) it to another larger HDD.

Once done take your original HDD and repopulate it with stock files. Reinstall it to check it works then keep it as your ultimate backup and use the new larger HDD not worrying about whether it is near to a stock system or not.
alfredo2

Re: Rocky 5 softmod 1.1.8

Post by alfredo2 »

I don't have a larger hdd atm, this particular xbox is going to be packed away in a sort of memory box and I would like to keep it stock once I am done.

I only need to do a few little things so Rocky's softmod seems to be the easiest and most efficient way to do what I want to do.