Need help identifying my mod chip/problem with xbmc

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Zixtip

Need help identifying my mod chip/problem with xbmc

Post by Zixtip »

I found a og xbox and it had a mod chip in it and when i turn it on it says xecuter rox my box and loads to xbmc so i tried to load it to avalauncher and unleashx and any other program i try to load other than a game disk it just sits at a black screen and does nothing can anyone help me?
Coldly-Indifferent

Re: Need help identifying my mod chip/problem with xbmc

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

Could just be the path it is using to find Apps etc has been changed.

What version XBMC? Click down on right stick to bring up the shutdown menu which includes (i) for system information if you click on that option you should see the XBMC version at the bottom. You can also glean a lot of other useful information from the menu there eg. Xbox version,. HDD and DVD identification and so on.

Now go into XBMC file manager and look on E:\, F:\ and G:\ to see whats there. Likely you'll have E:\Apps and/or F:\Apps which is where your Avalaunch and UnleashX alternative dashboard might be installed. They could be in a separate folder eg. E:\Dashboards, it just depends how whoever set it up did it. Do not mess with any XBMC folders or files you find because that is likely your main dash.

Find the UnleashX dash installation and find its default.xbe. Click on it to launch and it should boot. The Avalaunch default.xbe and any other apps likewise.

If they don't then there is something wrong and you should test install a fresh copy of some other app and try that.

With UnleashX booting OK from the file manager you know it is working so now go to the XBMC main menu > Programs > Apps or whatever folder UnleashX etc are in. Highlight it and press the WHITE controller button to bring up the context menu. Choose the 'Edit Source' and see what path XBMC is using to launch the apps.

Hopefully there will be some discrepancy and that's why they are not launching from the Programs' menu.

XBMC may be retaining old Source data and if the apps etc were renamed or moved and the new path not put in that would explain the problem.
Zixtip

Post by Zixtip »

Well I found the unleash X default file and I tried launching it and it's still just gives me a black screen and I am running on version 1.1.0 of XBMC. Do you have Discord?
Coldly-Indifferent

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

No

If XBMC is v1.1.0 that is almost pre-historic.

The last version of XBMC is v3.5.3 but using an ancient XBMC does not explain the problem.

Have you tried installing a fresh copy of UnleashX or Avalaunch as I suggested?

Is there any indication if a chip is fitted and working other than the Xecuter message screen? Can you post some pics your Xbox's MB ie. without the HDD and disc drive caddy in place?

The safest thing to do is to burn an AID or HeXEn disc (DVD-R/Imgburn), replace the existing HDD with a new empty one and see if the disc will cold boot. If it does it means whatever chip or TSOP BIOS you're using is working and you should be able to prepare, format, partition and install a brand new dashboard that has no issues.

If the chip or TSOP is not working the disc won't launch and you'll get an error screen.

Since we do not know what is going on the first priority should be to check if you have a backup of the eeprom. The HDD might be locked and as its all you have it could be useful.

Depending on what was used to install the original XBMC dash there maybe (long shot) an E:\Backup\eeprom or somewhere else. If you can get an AID or HeXEn disc to launch with the original HDD in place of course you should be able to backup the eeprom. Transfer that to PC.

If the Xbox is hard modded it probably won't be needed but better safe than sorry.