Xbox1 error 05, chip DuoX2

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
Mauroz

Xbox1 error 05, chip DuoX2

Post by Mauroz »

Hello at all i have xbox1 with error 05 and original hard drive. Have read error 05 is hard drive not locked. Is possible replace hard drive for example 160 gb and if is, how can replace and solve error 05?
Thanks
peter_nik

Re: Xbox1 error 05, chip DuoX2

Post by peter_nik »

Mauroz wrote:Hello at all i have xbox1 with error 05 and original hard drive. Have read error 05 is hard drive not locked. Is possible replace hard drive for example 160 gb and if is, how can replace and solve error 05?
Thanks
So do you have a mod chip installed already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mauroz

Post by Mauroz »

yes, but i have try desoldering chip and wire and have the same problem error 05 too without chip
peter_nik

Post by peter_nik »

Is the d0 soldered and you need to wire up the bt for that chip to the leg of the power button

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mauroz

Post by Mauroz »

I think have found the problem. When i have desoldering pcb board 1.6 of duox2 i see that pad point in the picture there isn' t.Is broken. Exist alternative point? With this pad point broken i can' t use chip, but now that chip is desoldered again i have error 5
https://ibb.co/YDSnLz5
Thanks
Mauroz

Post by Mauroz »

Update:
I have recheck point of soldering and if i turn on with chip active start evox mode, but if i trun on with eject button error 05. Now that i can turn on in EvoX mode how i can chage hard drive?
Thanks again
Coldly-Indifferent

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

If the chip is turned on and it is working what, exactly, is the problem? Fit a new virgin HDD and cold boot an installer disc (burned on DVD-R using ImgBurn) like HeXEn or AID to format and install a dashboard.

If you turn the chip off and the HDD drive is unlocked when it boots of course it is going to give you Error 05. That is absolutely normal.

Users of chips generally prefer to have the HDD unlocked because if the chip or the system fails in some way they do not have to use the eeprom to unlock it. It makes things easier because that same HDD could be put in another chipped or TSOPed Xbox and work or locked with another eeprom for use on a softmodded machine.

If you really do want to lock the HDD then you can just install either the app Chimp 261812 or ConfigMagic and lock it very easily.

My advice would be to use the original retail Xbox HDD or another small cheap one as a safety net. Install whatever suits on that be it the original MS dash, softmod or mirror of your chipped XBox's primary drives then lock it. But leave your main HDD unlocked.