xbox 1.4 + Aladdin XT plus 2

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
pajretX

xbox 1.4 + Aladdin XT plus 2

Post by pajretX »

Hi all!
I have been struggling for last couple of days to bring back to live one of my xbox'es, but it keeps fraging on me.
It did work some time ago chipped, but for some reason it stopped. Soldering is OK. I have removed previously installed PIN header, cleaned the whole area and reinstalled it from scratch. I have been connecting D0 to various points (LAN LED area, screw, D0 point on chip) but results are always the same. xbox restarts 3 times and on the 3rd attempt it stays on with blinking power LED.
I thought it was a wrong bios on the chip, so I flashed it with M8 1.0-1.5 on my other working system (I have two 1.6 that I chipped myself) but that did not help either. Before flashing it I also checked if the chip is working correctly on other systems and yes, it did.
When D0 is disconnected it does not frag, although it won't boot correctly because the HDD is not locked (so I cannot TSOP it). I have checked the motherboard to search for any bridged points, but i couldn't find anything suspicious.
Has anyone had a similar problem and can lead me in the right direction?

BR
coombesy0

Re: xbox 1.4 + Aladdin XT plus 2

Post by coombesy0 »

I’m no expert on this but I think I had a similar issue with mine. Mine will do as you are describing unless I press and hold the power button. If I press and hold it loads up as required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pajretX

Re: xbox 1.4 + Aladdin XT plus 2

Post by pajretX »

Nope. That did not help.
Thanks for a suggestion, though.