[RELEASED] XBMC Origins v1.0.0

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
crazyembereks

Re: [RELEASED] XBMC Origins v1.0.0

Post by crazyembereks »

PPlayerxx wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:26 pm
crazyembereks wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:03 pm Does anyone know if there is keyboard support for this? Or how to add it? Tried using a keyboard and it didn't work, however the confluence skin has it so it would be nice to get it working on this as well.
All the skins have the keyboard support and i have tested my keyboard in the xbox origins skin (and the others) and it works. With Xbmc4Xbox only the usb made keybords works: look at the wiki ;) https://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/wiki/Default_Controls
Thanks! Also I'm having trouble with the shortcut tiles on the "programs" screen. They don't highlight when moving over them and once a shortcut is applied and I try to launch, it only brings up the shortcut setup page again instead of launching it. Lastly in the shortcut setup page it doesn't allow the user to select "applications." I will try to fix the code myself but was just wondering if anyone else already had a fix for these issues?
abazz009

Post by abazz009 »

hey DOM first off great skin, sorry to hear about the hard drive crash.. I have been messing around with it though I'm not a coder so my changes are almost non-existent. I want to change the icons (games, search, file explore ext..) in the code they are "defaultfolder.png" etc... but those files aren't in the skin folders..

I'm assuming they are packed into that .XPR file

on another note, i know you have stopped working on this skin, but the "featured games" doesn't always display every Thumb. specifically for my modded halo 1 map packs. it pick's and chooses which ones it will display. one time my halo ai will work others it wont. same goes for all the other map packs (nmp,CCE,CXE) sometimes they display other times they dont.

anyways thanks in advance for any help

ok scratch this question, you need XPR exrpess to extract them. i figured it out through a random look through of threads.. every time i post something i find my answer later my bad!
Cave_Johnson

Post by Cave_Johnson »

Hey ummm. i'm getting an error when i try to use the skin. it says that it can only use skins that are 2.10 or above. did i do something wrong or what? I'm using the latest build of XBMC4Xbox. Please help if possible.

Update: The Skin.xml shows version 2.11, so idk if it's a bug. i'm gonna reinstall XBMC really fast.

Update2:A reinstall worked. looks great so far good job!
MasonTM3

Post by MasonTM3 »

I tried making a shortcut for this youtube plugin viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6517 but it never shows up and doesnt display on the options for shortucts. So have somebody already fixed it or can somebody troubleshoot it?
crazyembereks

Post by crazyembereks »

Anyone else have the shortcut tiles missing from the bottom of the home page?
Rdup222

Post by Rdup222 »

Hey Howdy Hey! I'm left to wonder on how I can make shortcuts for the main page like the images in this thread, I reeaaaaaaaallly want to make it look detailed.
wobbles1

Post by wobbles1 »

Hi, everyone, iam new to the forums. signed up to ask a question, and because iam learning a LOT reading this discussion. and I would like to give a tip of the hat to DOM, for making this skin, and to all of you who have added to it. so I downloaded the xbmc Origins skin files pack or whatever you want to call it. ive attached a screen shot.
Screenshot (1).png
there is no folder called skins in it. (which I would think there would be, whereas XBMC has a sin folder so do each of these folders go into their corasponding folders in xbmc (sounds into sounds, visulizations into visulizations etc) or do i just copy over tall the folders and they will automatically go where they need to? sorry kind of a noob and lost with this, thank you for your patience
Coldly-Indifferent

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

Origins is a skin and all those files and folders are the elements that make up that skin. They should all be kept in their 'parent' folder, likely named "XBMC Origins".

That "XBMC Origins" folder is what you put in your main XBMC4Xbox installation "skin" folder. Restart XBMC4Xbox after you've copied it there and XBMC Origins should become a skin you can select from the Settings > Appearance > Skins menu.

If you use the file manager or other method to check out the XBMC4Xbox "skin" folder you should see one or more other skin folders in there too. Typically the default skin will be Project Mayhem III but there will likely be others too. Look inside their folders and you'll see they all contain very similar file/folder content to the Origins one.

You should then understand that the Origins content screenshot is quite normal for a skin.

Only thing I'm not sure about is what that addon.xml is at the bottom of the list. I've not seen that included with skins meant for use with XBMC4Xbox just PC XBMC/Kodi.
wobbles1

Post by wobbles1 »

coldly-indifferent thank you. I Ftp'd it to the xbox. but I left out the ADDON.XML file because I wasn't sure either, if someone knows if that file needs to be put on the xbox, let me know. so a few days ago I tried to edit the KEYMAPS with file DOM posted in his FIRST post of this topic, well each time I did that my xbox would come up with Fatal Error with an error about the keymaps so can someone tell me EXACTLY how I edit those files like where they EXACTLY go. thank you
wobbles1

Post by wobbles1 »

this is going to be long but iam trying to include detail here. so my xbox is v.1 with Xecuter 3 DUAL BOOT. I changed my (mod) dash to xbmc. and my F:\ drive contains the folders: EMULATORS, GAMES, and APPS (which has XBMC in it, etc.) the emulators folder has my emulators AND roms, the GAMES folder has my Xbox games, and the APPS has xbmc and other apps in it. I have loaded the XBMC ORIGINS skin onto my xbox and it works. so here are my questions, how do I make XBMC see my games. I saw a post earlier about using XBE shortcut maker if EMULATORS are NOT installed on E:\ so do I have to use the shortcut tool to make the GAMES folder appear? or is there another way. the second question I have is that my login is the SMAE as my xbox live gamertag, but when I hit update gamertag it says it failed, on xbmc was avatar is greayed out, so how do I change it to my live gamertag. or if not doable because of XbxLive no longer on OG xbox, how do I make him no longer greyed out. sorry guys iam trying here. thank you in advance. if you respond please be as DETAILED as possible thank you
Coldly-Indifferent

Its is actually quite simple. Usually it is set up just for the E:\drive so to get XBMC4Xbox to 'see' a particular folder somewhere else you just need to add that folder, wherever it is, as a path.

Go to the main menu, click Programs and then click the controller's WHITE button. This brings up a context menu which should include "Add source". Some skins actually make it even simpler by including an Add Source menu option in Programs and the other XBMC4Xbox main menu options but I do not know if that applies to Origins.

Anyway just select the Add source option, click and, surprise surprise, you'll arrive at a fairly self explanatory add source menu. Browse for or write in the path to the folder eg. F:\Games and give the media source a name ie. Games. Then click OK and it will be added to your Programs list.

It is a good idea to write in paths for E:\Games (if not already present) and G:\Games at the same time. If you name the media source as "Games" in all cases any game found in E:\, F:\ or G:\Games folders will be added to the same Program > Games folder.

Alternatively you could have separate Games' folders for each drive if you added each drive as new source path and named the media sources differently eg. Games E, Games F, Games G. That is entirely up to you.

Setting up XBMC4Xbox to 'see' Programs > Apps, Emulators, Homebrew or any other folders on E:\, F:\ and G:\ is done in exactly the same way. Same applies to the Music >, Videos > and Pictures > main menu options too.

RE: the second question - I have no idea. Never had a XBL gamertag or used the XBMC Profile/Master User options so somebody else will, hopefully, be able to answer that for you.

BTW I should have mentioned that you were very lucky if XBMC is your main dash and you moved it from E:\ to F:\Apps without knowing exactly how you main dash is launched. If you'd done that with many softmods or it was being launched from a shortcut on either C:\ or E:\ where the path it would typically have been using is E:\Apps\XBMC\default.xbe you'd be here asking why XBMC was not booting any more.

With a Xecuter 3 chipped machine (confirmation of that please) you have a safety net in that you can always boot an installer or rescue disc if something goes wrong. But in general it is not a good idea to mess around with stuff on the C:\ drive or the default location of your main dash installation unless you know what you are doing.

Even now I'm not sure how your XBMC installation in F:\Apps was set up to be the main dash. Maybe it is a BIOS feature (not my area of knowledge), a dash installer option (what dash installer did you use?) or there is a shortcut on C:\ using a path to it.
wobbles1

Post by wobbles1 »

Coldly-Indifferent wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:33 am Its is actually quite simple. Usually it is set up just for the E:\drive so to get XBMC4Xbox to 'see' a particular folder somewhere else you just need to add that folder, wherever it is, as a path.

Go to the main menu, click Programs and then click the controller's WHITE button. This brings up a context menu which should include "Add source". Some skins actually make it even simpler by including an Add Source menu option in Programs and the other XBMC4Xbox main menu options but I do not know if that applies to Origins.

Anyway just select the Add source option, click and, surprise surprise, you'll arrive at a fairly self explanatory add source menu. Browse for or write in the path to the folder eg. F:\Games and give the media source a name ie. Games. Then click OK and it will be added to your Programs list.

It is a good idea to write in paths for E:\Games (if not already present) and G:\Games at the same time. If you name the media source as "Games" in all cases any game found in E:\, F:\ or G:\Games folders will be added to the same Program > Games folder.

Alternatively you could have separate Games' folders for each drive if you added each drive as new source path and named the media sources differently eg. Games E, Games F, Games G. That is entirely up to you.

Setting up XBMC4Xbox to 'see' Programs > Apps, Emulators, Homebrew or any other folders on E:\, F:\ and G:\ is done in exactly the same way. Same applies to the Music >, Videos > and Pictures > main menu options too.

RE: the second question - I have no idea. Never had a XBL gamertag or used the XBMC Profile/Master User options so somebody else will, hopefully, be able to answer that for you.

BTW I should have mentioned that you were very lucky if XBMC is your main dash and you moved it from E:\ to F:\Apps without knowing exactly how you main dash is launched. If you'd done that with many softmods or it was being launched from a shortcut on either C:\ or E:\ where the path it would typically have been using is E:\Apps\XBMC\default.xbe you'd be here asking why XBMC was not booting any more.

With a Xecuter 3 chipped machine (confirmation of that please) you have a safety net in that you can always boot an installer or rescue disc if something goes wrong. But in general it is not a good idea to mess around with stuff on the C:\ drive or the default location of your main dash installation unless you know what you are doing.

Even now I'm not sure how your XBMC installation in F:\Apps was set up to be the main dash. Maybe it is a BIOS feature (not my area of knowledge), a dash installer option (what dash installer did you use?) or there is a shortcut on C:\ using a path to it.

Thank you very much for your time in a detailed answer :)
I got the xbox from a buddy many years ago. A friend of his modded it for him and he deleted the bios. YES it DOES have a XECUTER 3 with the front bank switches (however the little switches broke off so I cant switch banks :( so i disconnect the switch and just run the chip) and i had reflashed the bios. It has FlashBios 3.0.0 which took some trial and error to get the correct bios. It has dual boot. (Short press pwr button loads mod dash. Long press pwr button MS dash and both eject and pwr bring up backup bios which I NEVER touch. Anyhow, Then I installed EVOX dashboard using AID (auto installer deluxe 4 I beleive. The hdd contents were still intact, where the original modder of the console had set them up. I forgot to mention some of the solder joints weren't the greatest so I fixed them. So once I had evox on it, I then installed xbmc into F:\apps (as I said original modded set up file system) then I used ftp to replace EVOXDASH.DEFAULT.xbe with xbmc. Then I beleive I also used xbe shortcut maker 2.0 to make a shortcut to the dash. And I HAVE backed up all of my xbox hdd to my pc, just in case. And I've burned it to a dvd so I will have a backup upon backup :) trust me I have search forums in past on why it wouldn't boot. There was a few times of trial error and oh s***. I think I bricked it, but it all turned out okay. Just a part of learning. Thank you for your time, I really appreciate the info you have given me.
Coldly-Indifferent

Good, you obviously did/do know what you're doing setting the XBMC dash on F:\ to boot using a shortcut.xbe with a path to it replacing the original evoxdash.xbe. The recommended method.

I posted the last part of the previous post later as, after I'd thought about it; I was worried about how exactly the XBMC installation was set up to boot as the main dash. No need to have been concerned. :)

As said, hope someone else here can help with your other questions.
wobbles1

Post by wobbles1 »

Quote Coldly-Indifferent

by Coldly-Indifferent » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:23 am
Good, you obviously did/do know what you're doing setting the XBMC dash on F:\ to boot using a shortcut.xbe with a path to it replacing the original evoxdash.xbe. The recommended method.

I posted the last part of the previous post later as, after I'd thought about it; I was worried about how exactly the XBMC installation was set up to boot as the main dash. No need to have been concerned.

As said, hope someone else here can help with your other questions.

so I got another question iam missing the SOCIAL tab. any idea how to add that? )the included screenshot is NOT from my syatem but just to show that it shows on someone elses)
Attachments
screenshot005.jpg
rarepandas

Post by rarepandas »

dispunko wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 7:21 am
PlayStation 4 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:09 pm Huge props to Dom for creating the best looking XBMC4Xbox skin IMO. Well, taking inspiration mostly from Arcanthur's showings, I decided to spend my free time over the course of a week giving the skin a visual tweaking and perfecting it more towards my liking. This overhaul comprises of mostly of custom icons, textures and a few revamped animations and I wanted to skew the skin more towards an Xbox One/Windows 10 - esque presentation:

Also big props to Rocky5 for providing a modded home.xml to make things easier.

I also decided to revise the tile icons in the Settings menu:

I am more than willing to share my tweaks, however I have modified more than just the home.xml config and am using a different Textures resource. So I don't plan on uploading just yet without Dom and Rocky5's permission.
Nice work Dom, Rocky5.... PS4

Any link already for this version/mod?
I second this :)
wobbles1

Post by wobbles1 »

Does anyone know how to get their avatar to stop being GREYED OUT, ie look like a person or your avatar from xbox live?

Also how do you get gamerscore/achievements to show up??

My profile is the same name as my xblive account. And when I hit update it fails. Do I need to change a file script? Do I need to update something? Please someone help and try to be detailed in your response. Thank you for your time
PPlayerxx

Post by PPlayerxx »

wobbles1 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:31 pm Does anyone know how to get their avatar to stop being GREYED OUT, ie look like a person or your avatar from xbox live?

Also how do you get gamerscore/achievements to show up??

My profile is the same name as my xblive account. And when I hit update it fails. Do I need to change a file script? Do I need to update something? Please someone help and try to be detailed in your response. Thank you for your time
In one of the old posts of Dom he saw that the script only works with xbmc4xbox 3.5.1 and in the 3.5.3 update the script doesn't work anymore :cry:
rarepandas

Post by rarepandas »

Hi everyone,
I've been trying to edit the dashboard and I replaced the "Signout" button with CoinOps but I cant seem to change the icon and direct the "<onclick" in the home.xml to automatically boot coinops. Can anyone help me?
mubarkalajmi

Post by mubarkalajmi »

Hello Guys!!!
I've been trying to use Origins, but I am not familiar with how it works. I need some one to help me to configure it. If anyone is willing to help me, please contact me through my email. I am ready to pay $$ for any help.

My email: mubarkalajmee101@gmail.com
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

What exactly are you needing assistance with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk