Unleash x switch xbmc dash

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
shadowthezero04

Unleash x switch xbmc dash

Post by shadowthezero04 »

Hi everyone, I formatted and installed the dash unleash x in my new 1 tb hdd sata with the hexen disk. I also loaded about 20 xbox games internally and it works fine but I don't like the unleash x dash and would like to change it to xbmc. Is it possible to do this dash exchange without compromising the data already entered inside the hdd? And if so, how can I do it accurately?

Thanks.
Coldly-Indifferent

Re: Unleash x switch xbmc dash

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

Softmod or chip/TSOP?
shadowthezero04

thanks for reply but i already resolved with only hexen disc installer.. i have chipped xbox and simple run the string in hexen menu switch dashbord..
shadowthezero04

But with xbmc dash, i have one another "problem" the intro logo bios and splash screen xbmc logo too much faster then unleash x much slowly and good effect transition
Coldly-Indifferent

Using HeXEn to replace the dash would have been what I would have suggested for a chipped machine too.

It is not clear what you want now: is it to make the XBMC splash screen appear slower or remain longer?

With UnleashX, particularly if you have a large amount of dash content set to load on start, it will be slower than XBMC. Depending on the skin it might also have an animated loading screen which actually disguises the slow boot up.

But why would you want to slow the start of the Xbox at all? I do not understand. One of the pleasing features of XBMC is just how fast it loads.

If there is a way of doing it I doubt that it is unlikely just going to be a 'simple' XML edit. I would also be interested to know to if it is possible. Hopefully someone else here will know.
shadowthezero04

Coldly-Indifferent wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:46 pm Using HeXEn to replace the dash would have been what I would have suggested for a chipped machine too.

It is not clear what you want now: is it to make the XBMC splash screen appear slower or remain longer?

With UnleashX, particularly if you have a large amount of dash content set to load on start, it will be slower than XBMC. Depending on the skin it might also have an animated loading screen which actually disguises the slow boot up.

But why would you want to slow the start of the Xbox at all? I do not understand. One of the pleasing features of XBMC is just how fast it loads.

If there is a way of doing it I doubt that it is unlikely just going to be a 'simple' XML edit. I would also be interested to know to if it is possible. Hopefully someone else here will know.
Yes, I would like the splash screen to stay longer. At this moment only half a second appears, almost unable to see and without effects on exit and entry.. it's really so unnerving for me.

Instead with unleashx, immediately after the X logo with the word ind bios under (without hurry to disappear) there is a transition in exit and then gently entering up to the home screen unleash.
GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

I'm with the others. I disable the Xbox boot animation and even XBMC's splash screen. I hit power on my Xbox and the green Xbox "X" logo appears, then it goes to black, then the next thing I see is the XBMC home screen. It's rather fast and that's how I like it.

That said, I'm not sure how to extend the length of time of the splash screen. You might instead look into playing a short intro video instead of the splash image. The intro video can be as long as you want.
See this thread for more info: viewtopic.php?t=1058
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
shadowthezero04

GoTeamScotch wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:31 pm I'm with the others. I disable the Xbox boot animation and even XBMC's splash screen. I hit power on my Xbox and the green Xbox "X" logo appears, then it goes to black, then the next thing I see is the XBMC home screen. It's rather fast and that's how I like it.

That said, I'm not sure how to extend the length of time of the splash screen. You might instead look into playing a short intro video instead of the splash image. The intro video can be as long as you want.
See this thread for more info: viewtopic.php?t=1058
Probably this is an excellent alternative and I will try.
I just don't like it when the X logo appears, not even the time to appear "ind bios" under the x that abruptly and quickly disappears the screen without any transition in entry and exit and immediately after the spash screen appears for even half a second and always abruptly the home of xbmc appears. I don't know if I explained well. Instead, as timing, the flubber appears correctly.
Anyway To turn off the splash screen like I do?
shadowthezero04

I need to know another thing even if it's out of post.
Since I like the xb360 skin with xlink kai support, but it is only optimized for the xbmc 2008 build 14095 version, does it make sense to "downgrade" the latest xbmc build already installed in my xbox? And in that case what would I go to lose with the concrete downgrade?
Coldly-Indifferent

If you want to use something that is optimized for an older XBMC version then the safest and I think most sensible solution is to install the older version of XBMC as an app. I would not recommend 'downgrading' your main XBMC dash to an earlier version.

I have a mirror version of v3.5.3 installed as an app to test things like skins and, by coincidence, a 2008 version too which I prefer to use for certain purposes because its better than the v3 series for those particular tasks.
GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

If you're using XLink virtually every time you use your Xbox, then it might make sense to use the older version as your main dashboard. Otherwise, just use it as an app. Load up the old version as needed when you want to hop onto XLink
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
shadowthezero04

lately I basically use the xbox to play halo 2 online. If there is not a particular reason to keep the latest version of xbmc, then I think I'll downgrade.
Also because I tried to install some plugins and not even one of them works. :(
shadowthezero04

I have now downgraded, but I realized that the splash screen does not work at boot although I have set "splash.png". Furthermore I did not understand if it is possible to have skin confluence in the xbmc2008 version and also set the video on startup. Can someone help me? Is it preferable that I open a new help post in the forum for this or do I continue the discussion below?
Coldly-Indifferent

Some old skins do not work on v3 series XBMC and some skins, including updated ones, now do not work or may not have full functionality if applied to older XBMC versions.

The only way to find out is to test whether it works or not but it is not advisable to do that on XBMC installed as your main dash. Test skins on a mirror copy installed as an app like I suggested. There are some skins that will freeze the whole dash or lock you on a particular screen with no escape.