Why All The Spam?

Here you can discuss things that are not directly related to running or using XBMC4XBOX.
Coldly-Indifferent

Why All The Spam?

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

What is it with this forum that attracts such regular and persistent spamming posts? I've never seen this sort of thing directed at one forum as it is done here. It is not as though there is a significant visitor count, it is a pretty niche forum yet this sort of stuff gets posted here most weeks. I find that odd - has somebody out there got it in for XBMC4Xbox or is this forum just particularly vulnerable for some reason?

Usually it appears to be Russian or East European sourced but today is a new low, what looks like Chinese spam littering every sub-forum.

The fact that such posts aren't automatically filtered out is a bit concerning.
cashonly

Re: Why All The Spam?

Post by cashonly »

i'm intrigued also
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

A lot of them are filtered, the ones that go through appear to be posted by actual people. Once reported they are removed quickly by one of the 3-4 people with admin rights.
GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

The site gets enough traffic to be worth it I guess. I report them when I find them, but admins here are pretty good about thwarting spam, even though it's a little quiet around here most weeks. It would be tragic if this forum was flooded with spam, but luckily they get deleted pretty fast when they do pop up. Props to the mods.
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

Dan Dar3 wrote:... Once reported they are removed quickly by one of the 3-4 people with admin rights.
Suuuure they are... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk