Restore original boot video

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
l2564

Restore original boot video

Post by l2564 »

Hi guys,

a while back, I bought a modded console off ebay with a 500gb hard drive with the latest XBMC4XBOX and so on and I've been happy with it of course. But I was curious if I could restore the original boot video/animation when turning on the console instead of it being just the Xbox Logo before loading into the dashboard. Mine shows just the Logo but with the blue X. So I was wondering if there was a way to have it boot like a traditional console but still go into the modded dashboard.

Any help is appreciated
GoTeamScotch

Re: Restore original boot video

Post by GoTeamScotch »

The boot animation was likely disabled through a BIOS setting. Do you know what BIOS your Xbox is using? To find out, go to XBMC > Settings > System Info. Look for "BIOS version".

The process of how to re-enable the boot animation varies depending on which BIOS you have. Most BIOSes use a PC-based app, which creates a configuration file that you would then put on your Xbox's C drive. If you look, there's probably already one there. For example, iND-BIOS uses a file named "ind-bios.cfg" located on the root of the C drive.
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!