Restoring a Softmod. Rocky5 kit

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
Firas64

Restoring a Softmod. Rocky5 kit

Post by Firas64 »

i purchased a pre softmodded box and i would like to clean it .
i want to format the HDD and install a new dashboard .
should i use the factory reset ?
Note : i dont have a usb and a game to softmod the xbox again.
Rocky5

Re: Restoring a Softmod. Rocky5 kit

Post by Rocky5 »

You don’t need a game or usb if you use the factory reset option on the extras disc.

You use the UDDAE to resoftmod from the MSDash.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
Firas64

Post by Firas64 »

Rocky5 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 10:04 pm You don’t need a game or usb if you use the factory reset option on the extras disc.

thx Rocky5 for the help :D
Firas64

Post by Firas64 »

Rocky5 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 10:04 pm You don’t need a game or usb if you use the factory reset option on the extras disc.

one more thing
the factory reset done successfully and now i have (softmodding tool/Agent under fire /Mechassault /splinter cell) on my hard sooo how i can softmod my xbox now ? :?
Coldly-Indifferent

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

Same way as is available to anyone with a retail state machine. With an originally softmodded Xbox it now will not, or should not, boot non-retail discs ie. backups or even Rocky5's Extras disc.

However you have the appropriate games saves from Rocky5's package on the Xbox already so the easiest method is just to find an original copy of Splinter Cell or one of the others and use that. Plenty of tutorials around on how to do this.

If you know what game was used to softmod your machine previously one thing I'd suggest is that you use a different game this time. Some people find there are difficulties re-softmodding their Xbox where, for instance, if Splinter Cell was used originally when used again and you click on "Checkpoints" the machine reboots or freezes rather than loading the installer dash.

The explanation suggested (not proven) is that there is some left over hidden data from the previous softmod (TDATA?) that interferes with the installer loading process.
Firas64

Post by Firas64 »

Coldly-Indifferent wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 1:11 pm Same way as is available to anyone with a retail state machine. With an originally softmodded Xbox it now will not, or should not, boot non-retail discs ie. backups or even Rocky5's Extras disc.

However you have the appropriate games saves from Rocky5's package on the Xbox already so the easiest method is just to find an original copy of Splinter Cell or one of the others and use that. Plenty of tutorials around on how to do this.

If you know what game was used to softmod your machine previously one thing I'd suggest is that you use a different game this time. Some people find there are difficulties re-softmodding their Xbox where, for instance, if Splinter Cell was used originally when used again and you click on "Checkpoints" the machine reboots or freezes rather than loading the installer dash.

The explanation suggested (not proven) is that there is some left over hidden data from the previous softmod (TDATA?) that interferes with the installer loading process.
thaks for the fast reply but he sad i dont need a game ?
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

You do the following.
These instructions are for use, only if you used "Factory Reset" option on the "Xbox Softmodding Tool Extras Disc".

How to re-enable the softmod.

1. Power on the system.

2. Now select Music
> The blank soundtrack
> Select Copy
> Select Copy
> Select New Soundtrack
> Enter <<Eggsßox>> ( with two '<' Symbols, capital 'E', beta Accent 'ß' and two '>' Symbols )
> Select Done
> Now the MS logo will appear & the MSdash will reload.

3. Now select music
> Select blank soundtrack
> Select Copy
> Select Copy
> Select New Soundtrack
> Select Done
> Resoftmod your Xbox.

Now that's you done :)
Also you don’t even need the saves on the Xbox as I keep a spare softmod on the C drive when you use the factory reset option on the extras disc.
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
Firas64

Post by Firas64 »

Rocky5 wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:24 pm You do the following.
These instructions are for use, only if you used "Factory Reset" option on the "Xbox Softmodding Tool Extras Disc".

How to re-enable the softmod.

1. Power on the system.

2. Now select Music
> The blank soundtrack
> Select Copy
> Select Copy
> Select New Soundtrack
> Enter <<Eggsßox>> ( with two '<' Symbols, capital 'E', beta Accent 'ß' and two '>' Symbols )
> Select Done
> Now the MS logo will appear & the MSdash will reload.

3. Now select music
> Select blank soundtrack
> Select Copy
> Select Copy
> Select New Soundtrack
> Select Done
> Resoftmod your Xbox.

Now that's you done :)
Also you don’t even need the saves on the Xbox as I keep a spare softmod on the C drive when you use the factory reset option on the extras disc.
thx man you are the best :D
Coldly-Indifferent

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

I didn't know that was possible either.

Very useful feature and another good reason to use Rock5's softmod package.

Q: UDDAE = UberDash Dashboard Audio Exploit, yes?
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Coldly-Indifferent wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 3:03 pmQ: UDDAE = UberDash Dashboard Audio Exploit, yes?
UDDAE = Uber Double Dash Audio Exploit

Uses two different version of MSDash ( 4920 ) for the audio exploit as it was patched in newer versions of the MSDash.

Basically you do the Easter egg code to enter a special menu but the menu xip file is replaced with a dashboard xbe file renamed. So when you do the Easter egg it loads this file ( launches the xbe ) then loads a exploitable dashboard version. You then do the Easter egg again and it loads the exploit this time as it’s a exploitable dashboard version. This exploit is done via the st.db file. Buffer over flow again.
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5