Can't load games or apps

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
LudviG

Can't load games or apps

Post by LudviG »

I got this weird problem. I have been using my black crystal softmodded 1.6, and started loading it with games. Added resources to the games from a large 12gb resource respo I found on ogxbox forum.

Now I can't load any game or app, it just reboots the dash. Using xbmc4gamers.

Anyone got any idea what it could be? Just ask if you need more info.

Sent fra min NX551J via Tapatalk

New info, found out I can load Sega gt online/jsrf combo disc. It has no resources. Also I can load my psx emu. I may find more.
Last edited by LudviG on Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never argue with an idiot! First he brings you down to his level, then he beats you with experience.
LudviG

Re: Can't load games or apps

Post by LudviG »

Never argue with an idiot! First he brings you down to his level, then he beats you with experience.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Well simplest thing to do is remove what you added to a problem game and see if it fixes the issue.

The pack you have doesn’t have dummy default.xbe files included or anything like that?

As there is zero reason it should effect launching of content.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

Rocky5 wrote:Well simplest thing to do is remove what you added to a problem game and see if it fixes the issue.

The pack you have doesn’t have dummy default.xbe files included or anything like that?

Yeah I was thinking about trying to transfer a game without the resources and see. Just need to put the toddler to sleep first Image

The pack got default.xbe and default.tbn. One of those it asks to replace every time I ftp over. Guess I should just don't transfer that file?

Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

The default.xbe will be a dummy xbe so remove them all.

Those xbe files are used to make a dummy game list. Saves transferring nearly 2TB of games to the Xbox.

The pack creator should have removed them before uploading.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
dimfil

Post by dimfil »

LudviG wrote:
Rocky5 wrote:Well simplest thing to do is remove what you added to a problem game and see if it fixes the issue.

Yeah I was thinking about trying to transfer a game without the resources and see. Just need to put the toddler to sleep first Image

The pack got default.xbe and default.tbn. One of those it asks to replace every time I ftp over. Guess I should just don't transfer that file?

Yes the default.xbe files is the problem. I answered this in the original thread of the resources. I copy it here too...

"I believe you have copied also default.xbe files.
You should not do this if you do not have the exact same version of each game. To be safe, never do it at all!
To reverse this situation, you now must copy back the default.xbe file of each game from it's extracted folder and overwrite the one from these resources... "

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk

LudviG

Post by LudviG »

Rocky5 wrote:The default.xbe will be a dummy xbe so remove them all.

Those xbe files are used to make a dummy game list. Saves transferring nearly 2TB of games to the Xbox.

The pack creator should have removed them before uploading.
Ok, that explaines alot. Hey, at least I learned something new today then. Thanks rocky.

LudviG

Post by LudviG »

dimfil wrote:
LudviG wrote:

Yes the default.xbe files is the problem. I answered this in the original thread of the resources. I copy it here too...

"I believe you have copied also default.xbe files.
You should not do this if you do not have the exact same version of each game. To be safe, never do it at all!
To reverse this situation, you now must copy back the default.xbe file of each game from it's extracted folder and overwrite the one from these resources... "

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk
Same to you dimfil. Thanks alot!