Duox2 Modchip Faulty Aladdin XT+ Replacement

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
shady7

Duox2 Modchip Faulty Aladdin XT+ Replacement

Post by shady7 »

Hi There,
Have 1.6 xbox with Duox2 modchip. Chip is not always turning on no red led, but when it does its fine. Checked solder joints D0 and Bt wire look all good. Suspect faulty modchip. Found a local Aladdin XT+ chip will this just straight plug in or is there more to it. Thanks for your time
shady7

Re: Duox2 Modchip Faulty Aladdin XT+ Replacement

Post by shady7 »

Hi there just an update
Flashed the other bank using hexen but still having problems about 1 in 6 times chip will turn on. I can get my hands on an aladdin XT+. Will it plug straight on top of pin header is there anything else to do or should I get another duox2 chip. I checked for continuity from d0 connection all the way to chip all good, also checked voltage at d0 wire on chip when working I get 1.3volts when not working I get 3.3volts and 3.3volts from bt wire.
Nextelhalo

Re: Duox2 Modchip Faulty Aladdin XT+ Replacement

Post by Nextelhalo »

Could be something going on with the LPC rebuild board but I've had that exact problem with that exact chip and it turned out it was loose on the pinheader it's mounted too. I rigged up a way to stabilize the chip by sliding two rubber xbox feet under it to keep it level. Seemed to work well for me. You shouldnt need to buy another one since you know it works.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched