How do I hide folders in my games section.

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Dabeavis

How do I hide folders in my games section.

Post by Dabeavis »

Bit of a noob here, how do I hide or get rid of the folders (the ones that are shown first before your games) that show up in my games folder/section if possible? I'm using regular Confluence.

Rocky5

Re: How do I hide folders in my games section.

Post by Rocky5 »

Remove them from your games folder.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
Coldly-Indifferent

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

The questions are: what are those folders, what's in them and why are they there?

Presumably they are games or at least have a "default.xbe" inside that is being recognised because you have written in a path for them to appear in the Games folder.

Before deleting them find out what those folders contain. Displaying without an icon could just be because there is not one or you haven't refreshed the thumbnails after install. I do find it strange they're not displaying a name though but they could just be games which have been accidentally double wrapped ie. are inside a sub-folder, a common mistake with zipped/RARed content.
Dabeavis

Post by Dabeavis »

The folders in Games are like repeats of the folders in in my F directory (Apps, Games, Movies, Music, etc.) which just gives you a repeat of the F directory when you go in them, though my games also show up in the root of F (all the other folders on there are just fine).

It's only a minor annoyance so I moved the games to a new folder on F, removed the Games shortcut/source (actual game folder is still there albeit empty) in programs and replaced it with the new one.
Coldly-Indifferent

It looks to me as though there could be something seriously wrong with a configuration file somewhere.

Obviously the games shown on the root of the F:\drive should be in the F:\Games folder, why they're not ie. if they've just appeared there when you, presumably, installed them to F:\Games I have no idea.

The multiple repeats of the Games folder is equally mysterious unless you entered the wrong path or the path itself is wrong eg. there is another "Games" folder inside the F:\Games folder.

What I'd do is delete the Programs > Games folder as a Source entirely then, with the file manager, Copy all the games (wherever they are) into a newly created temporary folder (TMP) and then delete the existing F:\Games and any other Games folder you may have on other drives.

Reboot and, with the file manager again, create a new Games folder on F:\ then Copy (not Move) some or all of the games, if you have the space available, from the temporary folder. Reboot again, and in Programs create a path to that new F:\Games folder. Reboot and see if the problem is fixed or not.

I don't suggest simply renaming the TMP folder to Games as having them backed up there might be useful.

If it is not fixed or there is any problem with copying the games to/from the TMP folder I'm thinking that there is either a problem with the HDD or its a BIOS issue if you're using a chipped/TSOPed machine or, I'd think most likely, the F:\ extended partition may not have been formatted correctly. That would cause corruption eventually but like that described? I just do not know.

What size is the HDD being used? With what and how were its extended partition(s) formatted?
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

A "source" is like a collection of folders, you don't delete it, you choose context (white button) and Edit source to specify which folders contain the contents you want to be grouped under the "source" name. https://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/wiki/Progr ... ng_Sources

You screenshot is in Programs, but it has an "up" folder. Likely you are in a source, meaning that if you go up, you can highligh, choose context (white button) and Edit source to only have locations that contain game folders. Any entries in there are showing cause they are a subfolder in one of those locations. If you choose a different view (left side menu blade) and change from Wide to Details you might actually get the name of those folders.
Coldly-Indifferent

There is, or should be (may be dependent on skin) a "Remove Source" option in the white button context menu.

Perhaps I did not use my words carefully enough but I meant that whilst in the main Programs menu remove the "Games" folder as a source path not delete a source.

I find it odd that none of the games display a name but I've just checked with my testbed XBMC v3.5.3 with the Confluence skin version I have and if you chose the Wide Icons view indeed it does only display the icon. To get the game name you do need to use another View option. My version of Confluence only has List, Big List and Thumbnail as alternatives; neither the Confluence Lite or Wizard versions I have include the Wide Icon option.

The blank folders are almost certainly your other games folders and that actually hints at some sort of folder level issue too. Even without a custom "default.tbn" Wide Icon, other icon or folder.jpg/png it still should display the games' TitleImage.xbx. Those folders are not doing that so there is clearly something hinkey going on there if they are, as they should be, single level games folders.

BTW to access the Programs > View menu options you use D-pad Left if Dan Dar3's description was not understood.

There must be a problem here, something has corrupted or the path is wrong or a folder hasn't been unpacked or has been put in the wrong place.

The Up screen button should just take you out of the Games folder back to the main Programs menu.

Confluence Programs Menu
Confluence Programs Menu
Confluence Wide Icons View
Confluence Wide Icons View
Confluence Thumbnail View
Confluence Thumbnail View