Logitech Cordless Precision Controller for Xbox issues

Here you can discuss things that are not directly related to running or using XBMC4XBOX.
LudviG

Logitech Cordless Precision Controller for Xbox issues

Post by LudviG »

Hi

I finally got my hands on a logitech wireless controller for the xbox. It was sold as tested, but when I got it i noticed alot of batteryacid in the batterycompartmen. So i cleaned it with some multi purpose oil and air. Off course i did not test it before this, and I cant get it to work.

It should just power on when using buttons right? I put batteries in, connected the reciever and tried, but no light even on the small led on the controller.
Last edited by LudviG on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Never argue with an idiot! First he brings you down to his level, then he beats you with experience.
LudviG

Re: Logitech Cordless Precision Controller for Xbox issues

Post by LudviG »

LudviG wrote:Hi

I finally got my hands on a logitech wireless controller for the xbox. It was sold as tested, but when I got it i noticed alot of batteryacid in the battercompartmen. So i cleaned it with some multi purpose oil and air. Off course i did not test it before this, and I cant get it to work.

It should just power on when using buttons right? I put batteries in, connected the reciever and tied, but no light even on the small led on the controller.
I think I may found the issue. I tore it apart, and found a wire loose. It should be connected to one side og the batter compartment connections. Image

Sent fra min NX551J via Tapatalk

Last edited by LudviG on Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never argue with an idiot! First he brings you down to his level, then he beats you with experience.
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

The controller LED should blink red if you get power. Sometimes you have to hit the white button on those to wake them up and sync to the receiver. I hope it works man, enjoy it they are the best.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

Nextelhalo wrote:The controller LED should blink red if you get power. Sometimes you have to hit the white button on those to wake them up and sync to the receiver. I hope it works man, enjoy it they are the best.
Well I got the power working, sadly the left thumbstick is nok ok. It is always acting like it will go down/right. If I compensate the other way I can get it to stop. Not sure if that's a possible fix yet.

Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

If I remember right there was a button sequence you could press to calibrate that controller. I see that same thing alot so I clean it up as good as possible and then when I first use it just move the thumbsticks around and press the triggers. That usually stops it from "wandering" but sometimes not.

EDIT: Founds this, see if it helps.

Just got off the phone with Logitech Customer Support.

They gave me instructions on how to recalibrate the controller, seems to be working so far.

Step 1: Power up the Xbox with the controller connected.

Step 2: Remove one of the batteries from the controller.

Step 3: Hold the start button and the left trigger.

Step 4: Re-insert the battery, while still holding those buttons.

The Support Tech said this recalibrates the controller, and most of the analog stick problems will be solved.
Last edited by Nextelhalo on Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
Debug kit untouched
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

Nextelhalo wrote:If I remember right there was a button sequence you could press to calibrate that controller. I see that same thing alot so I clean it up as good as possible and then when I first use it just move the thumbsticks around and press the triggers. That usually stops it from "wandering" but sometimes not.
I cleaned it and presses buttons and used the thumbsticks. That calibration sounded interesting, Google here I come!

Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

See my edit first.
Debug kit untouched
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

Nextelhalo wrote:See my edit first.
I found the same process in an old post here :) will try it very soon.

Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Hope it works for you, those controllers are flatout the best IMO.
Debug kit untouched
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

Bah, it did not work. Bot y and x axis on the left thumbstick is still active. I used the controller tester tool, and there is also something weird with the triggers. The values jump up and down, and if I press one there seems to change what happens to the other too.

The controller still behaves the sa,e (according to the controller tool) when I take out the batteries, so startet pondering if the fault may be in the reciever?
RoyalX

Post by RoyalX »

Have you checked this post

Same method as Nextelhalo already mentioned
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

RoyalX wrote:Have you checked this post

Same method as Nextelhalo already mentioned
Yeah I have checked that one.

I am tempted to try getting a controller without the receiver off ebay.

LudviG

Post by LudviG »

Got another controller, and the sticks on that one also drifts off. The reset (calibration) procedure do nothing on this one eihter. The search goes on :P