Struggling with XBOX_HDM_2.2a and nulled HDD key

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
ochentay4

Struggling with XBOX_HDM_2.2a and nulled HDD key

Post by ochentay4 »

Hi, Im struggling with XBOX_HDM_2.2a. I cant even set the USB drive properly, let alone prepare a new hard drive to put on my softmodded xbox with nulled hdd key.
I've searched the web and try to see youtube vids but still dont understand.

Please help!
ochentay4

Re: Struggling with XBOX_HDM_2.2a and nulled HDD key

Post by ochentay4 »

Ok, I managed to create an an ISO and then put it on the usb drive.

The process was complicated and I will explain so I can help others:

I have Win10 x64 1709, and "XBOX_HDM_2.2a\XBOX_HDM_2.2a\slax\make_iso.bat" doesnt work correctly as the files inside "XBOX_HDM_2.2a\XBOX_HDM_2.2a\slax\tools\win" are obsolete and dont work on win10.

So I downloaded "cdrtools-3.02a07-win32-bin.zip" "cygwin1.dll_2.6.1" and "libs.zip" (cant remember were exactly) and replaced all files inside "XBOX_HDM_2.2a\XBOX_HDM_2.2a\slax\tools\win". So clicked on "make_iso.bat" the ISO was made. Then I cant remember if used Rufus or any other tool to make a bootable iso linux to pendrive, and it booted.

Now inside Slax, I went to terminal icon and typer xboxhd2, and followed the procedure that was offered. I even managed to rebuild from scratch and copy c files to the drive (files from "XBHDM Build.zip"), but cant lock it as I havent the eeprom.bin. Of course the drive still doesnt work on the console and I'm stuck here.

What I'm trying to achieve is to lock the drive with a nulled key so I can replace any softmoded hard drive with a new hard drive without worrying about keys. (of course I have to null the key first, I know).

Hope everything I put here helps someone and if anyone could help me how to continue I would be grateful.

Thanks
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

I followed this Xboxhdm2.2 tutorial from xbox scene.
ochentay4

Post by ochentay4 »

Albatross wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:52 pm I followed this Xboxhdm2.2 tutorial from xbox scene.
Sadly it doesnt cover the nulled hdd key part.
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

If you haven't already viewed it check out Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool kit v1.1.2 video, you can populate Xboxhdm2.2 with Rocky5's XBHDM Build.zip
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Here is XboxHDM23 Beta3

Plonk your eeprom.bin with a nulled key next to the xboxhd.bat plug your drive in via a SATA/IDE to usb adaptor goto work.

Everything is included to get you up and running.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
ochentay4

Post by ochentay4 »

Rocky5 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:10 pm Here is XboxHDM23 Beta3

Plonk your eeprom.bin with a nulled key next to the xboxhd.bat plug your drive in via a SATA/IDE to usb adaptor goto work.

Hi Rocky5, thanks for the answer.
What I dont understand is:
1. Why do I need eeprom.bin
2. If I need it, why is it useful to null the key if I still need to use eeprom.bin.
3. How do I "Plonk your eeprom.bin with a nulled key". I only have original eeprom.bin.

Thanks
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

ochentay4 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:20 pm

becuase the tool doesn’t work without it.
2. If I need it, why is it useful to null the key if I still need to use eeprom.bin.
because then you never need to worry about having a copy of your Xbox’s eeprom as you can just make one with a 32 0 key.
3. How do I "Plonk your eeprom.bin with a nulled key". I only have original eeprom.bin.
download liveinfo and create a new eeprom.bin with a 32 0 Key and use that.
Thanks
Basically the reason the eeprom is needed is only to get the key, you can’t manually enter the key, I may modify the smart tools code to make it possible but as of right now an eeprom.bin is required. In your case one with a nulled key.

Again, the reason to null your eeprom key is so you never need to worry about losing or not backing up your eeprom as you know what the key is 32 zeros, so you can always unlock or lock a drive. You can also swap them between Xbox that have nulled keys b
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
ochentay4

Post by ochentay4 »

Rocky5 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:37 pm
ochentay4 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:20 pm

becuase the tool doesn’t work without it.
because then you never need to worry about having a copy of your Xbox’s eeprom as you can just make one with a 32 0 key.
download liveinfo and create a new eeprom.bin with a 32 0 Key and use that.
Thanks
Basically the reason the eeprom is needed is only to get the key, you can’t manually enter the key, I may modify the smart tools code to make it possible but as of right now an eeprom.bin is required. In your case one with a nulled key.

Again, the reason to null your eeprom key is so you never need to worry about losing or not backing up your eeprom as you know what the key is 32 zeros, so you can always unlock or lock a drive. You can also swap them between Xbox that have nulled keys b
Great answers! Thanks
Now, how do I make a eeprom.bin with a nulled key so I can use in the future with any nulled key sofmoded xbox?
ochentay4

Post by ochentay4 »

Bump