Arcade Machine based on Xbox Classic Console

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
Gangst3r

Arcade Machine based on Xbox Classic Console

Post by Gangst3r »

Hi,

I want to ask if any of you ever think about to give another live to your Xbox console? I mean not just using the console as a multimedia center with XBMC on board, but as an real arcade machine.

I guess many of you will ask why? Since the console is already enough as a multimedia center. Yeah, that's correct, but after appeared
CoinOPSon Xbox things get change. The multi emulator that is constantly evolving and work well with games available on all emulators that have been released on this console gave me an idea to use Xbox as Arcade Machine.

in the end my adventure with CoinOPS ended just like in the picture below.
ImageImage
ImageImage

At first i started planning, sketch and after that I prepare to work. My machine was built in a month, and all of my work was taking place at the apartment without access to basement and garage, what in case made this situation a bit difficult. But in the end the effect was the same as in the photos above.

Now my Xbox get antoher life. It has not been used for months, but now I run it once a day to play a one of thousands available classics :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :D

Feel free to submit your comments and ask questions if have any about my machine.
dan.h

Re: Arcade Machine based on Xbox Classic Console

Post by dan.h »

That is pretty awesome, I've always liked these arcade builds that use an xbox. Do you use one of those xbox-jamma boards to wire up the controllers?
Gangst3r

Post by Gangst3r »

No I used especially designed for many consoles like PS3 orXbox 360 :P Also support PC :) It's work perfectly with Xbox as well. That controller called DualStrike - http://arcadeforge.net/GamePad-Key-Enco ... e::17.html :P

LudviG

Post by LudviG »

Nice work on the machine! What screen are you using?

Sent fra min NX551J via Tapatalk

Never argue with an idiot! First he brings you down to his level, then he beats you with experience.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Looks great :-)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

Nce job great to repurpose it for something you are now going to use.

I have both an arcade machine and an xbox retail display stand, I like he actual arcade machine for sf2 battles but I like the retail stand for xbox games and emulation and jukebox.

I have a xbox to jamma adaptor for my arcade machine and plugged it in and it works great but it is no where as good visually as an actual game board and it is a lot softer and more washed out, I have a cps1 sf2 ww arcade board fitted to it normally.

on a side note I put in a rgb converter to convert from crt to lcd as my crt tube was packing out now it is no longer visually as good and wish I replaced the tube but it cost me a lot less.
Tom M.

Post by Tom M. »

He seems to be using LCD widescreen monitor instead of genuine CRT arcade screen. So yes, it makes sence to use Xbox for this because LCD itself distorts and downgrades the image. But I would like to emphasize that Xbox is still not capable of sending genuine 240p 15 kHz video signal (even I am sure the hardware to do this is there) so is not capable of producing genuine video modes like original arcade machines. So pixel purists still have to use other solutions like Advance MAME or Groovy MAME. Which in the end makes much more sence since MAME emulator is so demanding nowadays and of course you want to use the late versions for many reasons.