original xbox hdd partitions size glitch

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
somacast

original xbox hdd partitions size glitch

Post by somacast »

hello, i have a 500 gb hdd, so when i was installing it first a year ago it gave me hard time trying to ftp games to it, because it started to give me transfer errors after filling 150 gb of g partition, so i solved that at that time by transferring things alternatively between g & f partitions..
but thats not the issue

nowadays when i tried to install coinops 8 massive i had to delete some games from one of the partitios and send them to other to clear some space, so i ftp coinsop to g partition, with some ftp errors, but after re queue, but coinops had issue like ps1 & arcade games didn't work, so i thought of deleting coinops folder and resend it to the console by ftp, so i deleted the 82 gb from g..

and the crazy problem is, its deleted from list. , but the 80 gb space just lost, it did not come back!!!

what to do?

thank you
professor_jonny

Re: original xbox hdd partitions size glitch

Post by professor_jonny »

sounds like a an incorrect bios.
somacast

Post by somacast »

mmm, I think that i did select the correct one, its a v1.6 console
shloader

Post by shloader »

Incorrect cluster size somehow? What app did you use to format it? If it was anything other than xbpt (or XBPartitioner) 1.2 or 1.3 I'd suggest formatting the extended partitions with that and giving it another go.
I make a conscious effort to use terms that can be googled.
Xbox modding is really about understanding the nomenclature, and a good HeXEn disc.
Drinking while posting happens. It's not like drinking and driving; try to be understanding.
somacast

Post by somacast »

shloader wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:16 pm Incorrect cluster size somehow? What app did you use to format it? If it was anything other than xbpt (or XBPartitioner) 1.2 or 1.3 I'd suggest formatting the extended partitions with that and giving it another go.
thank you for the helpful reply, i had that on mind too, i used hexen cd, however i cant remember cluster size i left it as it was maybe 32, however i read somewhere that it should be 64 for 500 gb and above hdd,, so the pain is that i will need a format... thats painfullll..
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

somacast wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:48 pm
shloader wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:16 pm Incorrect cluster size somehow? What app did you use to format it? If it was anything other than xbpt (or XBPartitioner) 1.2 or 1.3 I'd suggest formatting the extended partitions with that and giving it another go.
thank you for the helpful reply, i had that on mind too, i used hexen cd, however i cant remember cluster size i left it as it was maybe 32, however i read somewhere that it should be 64 for 500 gb and above hdd,, so the pain is that i will need a format... thats painfullll..
500GB partition and above, not the hole HDD just each partition.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
somacast

Post by somacast »

Rocky5 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:46 am
somacast wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:48 pm
500GB partition and above, not the hole HDD just each partition.
Hi , thanks for your reply, could you just explain more please? what do you mean with each partition ? cant I just reformat the whole thing through hexen or evox cd???

thanks
Coldly-Indifferent

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

The extended partitions ie. F:\ and G:\ are the only ones you should be reformatting. If you make the mistake and try to reformat the whole HDD you'll wipe the dash/softmod.

With Chimp 261812 all you need to do is install it in Apps and use its format extended partitions menu option. It is self explanatory really but there's information here in various threads and if you search about how to do it.

Various Xbox Cluster sizes vs. Max Partition size

4KB - 64GB
8KB - 128GB
16KB - 256GB
32KB - 512GB
64KB - 1024GB

Anything already on F:\ and G:\, I think, will go if you alter the partition and/or cluster size but as I've only partitioned clean, new F:\ and G:\ drives do not quote me on that. In other words you'll probably need to backup what you have on there already but wait for Rocky5 or someone else who knows to confirm this because it could be a lot of unnecessary work otherwise. :)
somacast

Post by somacast »

Thanks a lot really, but if the cluster size required is 32 already not 64, I think that this was the size used already so where is the problem then ???