Xbox won't boot

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
LudviG

Xbox won't boot

Post by LudviG »

I opened one of my Xboxes to clean and service a stuck DVD drive. When I put it back together it wouldn't boot at first. It tries to start, turns off, tried to start again, then off again. Third time the power stays on put the led flashes red.

I tried to disconnect and connect the hdd and dvd again, also pulled out the video cable and power. Still the same, and did all that again and changed the ide cable. Then it booted. But after turning it off and on again it won't start. Now nothing helps. What could it be?

Could it be a power issue. This is an us Xbox wich I run off an step down converter from 240v to 110. The converter has gotten a small hum inside until I draw power from it, it did not have that before, it has come lately. Not sure how long ago, since my sister's kids have borrowed that Xbox for ages now.

Sent fra min Nexus 6P via Tapatalk

Never argue with an idiot! First he brings you down to his level, then he beats you with experience.
LudviG

Re: Xbox won't boot

Post by LudviG »

No-one has any idea?

Sent fra min NX551J via Tapatalk

Never argue with an idiot! First he brings you down to his level, then he beats you with experience.
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Does the xbox have a chip on it?
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

No it don't, but I got to boot again yesterday. It seems like my step down converter is the trouble. The humming got worse, and there where disturbance on the TV that followed the hum.

So now I am getting a new converter, anyone got any idea of the power consumption on an Xbox?

EvoluterX

Post by EvoluterX »

Although probably not the best answer, I'd suggest dropping a PAL PSU in that US Xbox.
Xbox v1.0 - stock drive,softmodded
Xbox v1.0 - ST380211A,EvoX M8+
Xbox v1.4 crystal - ST316025ACE,iND-BIOS 5004
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

I would prefer that too, but then I need to find one.... May be easier to buy a step down converter. But if anyone got an 220v power supply for a..... I believe it's a 1. It has the gpu fan...... I would love to buy one.

RandySlim76

Post by RandySlim76 »

LudviG wrote:No it don't, but I got to boot again yesterday. It seems like my step down converter is the trouble. The humming got worse, and there where disturbance on the TV that followed the hum.

So now I am getting a new converter, anyone got any idea of the power consumption on an Xbox?

Power Consumption Operational - 100 Watt

Power Supply - Internal

Voltage - AC 120 V ± 10% ( 60 Hz ), AC 200/240 V ± 10% ( 50/60 Hz ), AC 220 V ± 10% ( 50 Hz )

LudviG

Post by LudviG »

Thanks alot. I reconsidered, and now I am searching for a 220v powersupply instead. But if I don't find one, I will order a step down converter.