Help with XBMC 1.1.0

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Maxfli

Help with XBMC 1.1.0

Post by Maxfli »

Sorry complete novice to XBMC - trying to help out a friend.

I believe he accidently "removed the label" from the home screen and now "My programs" is no longer showing. I've looked through the F drive and his emulators/coinops, etc are still there and the drive is ok but I'm not sure how to add My programs back to the main screen and point it towards his applications. I've looked through all the settings and options and can't find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
IMG_2486 copy.jpg
Rocky5

Re: Help with XBMC 1.1.0

Post by Rocky5 »

Probably removed the code from home.xml in the skin.

But why are you on v1.1.0? update to a more recent build.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
Maxfli

Post by Maxfli »

I'm pretty inexperienced with XBMC so I was really just hoping there would be a way to add the label back. Anyone have an idea how I would do that?
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Edit the home.xml, or ask your buddy who done it to fix it, since they know more than you.

Or if the skins has a skin settings, in the settings menu it maybe a toggle. Don’t know as haven’t used that build of XBMC in a very very very very long time.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

If you're not sure what to do or what your friend did, I'd recommend copying over a new copy of XBMC. It could take a while to track down exactly how to add it back and if you're already going to be copying things to/from the Xbox anyways, it doesn't hurt to update to the new version while you're at it and kill two birds with one stone. It's very easy to use once you get it copied over.
Download here: XBMC4XBOX-3.5.3.zip
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!