Save game manager that actually works?

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
bengalih

Save game manager that actually works?

Post by bengalih »

So this isn't a knock against the XBMC built-in save game manager per-se, as much as it is against all save game managers I have tried.
None of them can deal with the realistic situation of dealing with save games, updates, and DLC.

TL:DR - Looking for a method which will allow me to clean up game entries (saves and/or simply launched games with a folder) without wiping out games folders (TDATA/UDATA) that have DLC/offline updates associated with them

Note - I still haven't gathered factual proof that the Xbox will exhibit a problem with more than 240 saves (see here), but assuming it does the save games are going to need to be cleaned up and managed. If this is not true, then most of this is moot - because I don't mind really keeping all the save games.

More info:

The problem comes in when you have not only standard save games, but have also installed game updates and other DLC (via live or the offline installers that are available today). I have found that only the UnleashX dashboard will actually show what games have DLC installed easily however it also crashes on many of these entries and I I have basically found it unusable due to these crashes after you install DLC content for some games.

XBMC appears to show you some sort of folder structure for games (instead of just the copy/move/delete menu), however it doesn't really give any insight into what is there.

The offline XBSM (Xbox Save Manager) application only shows entries where it can find the TITLE ID entry in tdata/udata but doesn't actually differentiate which entries have any updates. For instance you can't tell from its interface whether a game has simply been launched once or actually has any DLC associated with it. If you tell it to delete the entry it fully wipes out the TDATA/UDATA folders and wipes out all DLC again.
Rocky5

Re: Save game manager that actually works?

Post by Rocky5 »

Quote from headphone from emuxtras forum.
I can confirm the 240 save limit issue. I spent ages trying to work out why no games would launch and then I finally realised the only games that would launch were the ones I had already played - and had already created a save folder.

Also - XBMC won't launch so if you set your dash to XBMC and then fill up your drive with saves - via UIX or UnleashX or something then you will brick your box and have to boot off a DVD. EvoX doesn't care about this - so I think its down to the libraries the xbe is compiled with.

I'm planning to make a startup script for xbmc that checks how many folders are in UDATA and then move the whole folder to UDATA1 UDATA2 etc if there are 239 folders present.
He seen the other thread and confirms the Xbox will refuse to boot xbe files if the save limit is reached. So it’s not a FatX limit but a limit imposed by MS or creators of dashboards?.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
bengalih

Post by bengalih »

Rocky5 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:29 pm Quote from headphone from emuxtras forum...
Thanks...well OP question is even more valid then.
Can you link me the post on EMU? I have some clarifications to ask him...
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

bengalih wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:29 pm
Rocky5 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:29 pm Quote from headphone from emuxtras forum...
Thanks...well OP question is even more valid then.
Can you link me the post on EMU? I have some clarifications to ask him...
Was a PM, he sent me. So you could PM him.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5