Browsing audio shares not working on web interface

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
rcade

Browsing audio shares not working on web interface

Post by rcade »

When I enable and access XBMC4XBOX from http, I can browse video and play them normally.

However, audio does not work this way. As soon as I click any of the items in the audio menu, it clears the playlist, stops the audio, and does nothing - it doesn't show any songs.

Is the web interface broken?

XBMC4XBOX 3.5.3 - however, I went back to really old versions and it seems it never worked for me.
Dan Dar3

Re: Browsing audio shares not working on web interface

Post by Dan Dar3 »

What skin are you using, does it look like this? (XBMC Reloaded)
https://svn.exotica.org.uk:8443/xbmc4xb ... index.html

Can you enable debug mode, do what you need to do to replicate the issue as you described it, transfer Q:\xbmc.log to your PC, upload to xbmclogs.com / pastebin.com and then give us the link to it.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65

That'll show us what commands the web interface sent to the XBMC4Xbox webserver and what happened in there internally.
rcade

Post by rcade »

Yes, that is the interface. I'll grab the logs tonight. Thanks.

The strange thing is- I can add the same folders to the video section and browse them. I thought maybe it was the contents of the folders causing it, but that seems not the case.
rcade

Post by rcade »

I figured it out based on the logs- Thanks.

The problem was I had shares called "flac" and "mp3" and you can't do that. When you name a folder that, the web interface thinks you are opening a file, not a folder, and it can't.

I renamed them to "flacaudio" and "mp3audio" and they work fine now.
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

Great stuff and thanks for letting us know.

I'm away for the rest of the week but I'll have a look as well when I come back - from what I remember it should be possible to know whether an entry is a directory or file so it can differentiate between them, we might be able to fix it but it's great you found a workaround for now.