How to wipe all and install a fresh Dash?

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
geopiner

How to wipe all and install a fresh Dash?

Post by geopiner »

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to this so be patient :lol:

I bought an original Xbox a couple years ago, pre modded with an Xecuter 2.6 CE Chip (I think, Black chip stuck underneath right at the front, with 3 switches and a white LED switch behind them, with a cable running into the main chip inside).

Anyways, I have a ridiculous amount of content on there, and I'm so anal that I'd rather get rid of everything and start again with a clean install of the latest software and the new coinops. I have no idea what I'm doing and I don't want to lose the mod, I have no problem reinstalling software so long as there is a step by step somewhere.

I have looked at your guides section but I'm unable to find anything that explains how to delete everything and start from scratch.

Thanks in advance.
professor_jonny

Re: How to wipe all and install a fresh Dash?

Post by professor_jonny »

An installer dvd like hexen, slayers or AID is your best bet.

the only real catch is making sure you format to the correct cluster size if you have a large hdd.

there is plenty of guides around.

you wont find coinops on here best to go ask on their forum for help there.
XC-3730C

Re: How to wipe all and install a fresh Dash?

Post by XC-3730C »

HeXEn is the best. I use it for redoing softmods, and TSOP/chipped systems. It has all the tools you need.