Help with xbox xecuter 2 mod crash. How can I put it stock ?

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
gunja203

Help with xbox xecuter 2 mod crash. How can I put it stock ?

Post by gunja203 »

Hi, I recently bought an original xbox and it seems to have already been modded with xecuter 2 modchip ? I tried to install unleash X dashboard but I wanted to put it bone stock and format the hdd but I did lot of mistakes with hexen (2017 update)...now I really dont know wath to do...First of all, I will tell you wath it do now and wath I really want to do.

1. Wath the colsole do at the moment :

When I power it on, it starts with xbox logo and xecuter 2 instead of microsoft. Then, black screen and green light comes orange. When I open the tray, oh...xbox logo with xecuter then the tray close and the original dashboard comes. When I put the hexen dvd, it starts with xbox logo and xecuter 2, then, black screen and green light comes orange. I power off and power on again and the hexen dvd boot and the green light comes red. Then I have acces to the hexen dvd. I think its not dead but I really dont want to do mistakes again then I really need help...

2. Wath I really want to do ?

I just want to put it stock like format the hdd and put unleash X dashboard like I did with my other softmoded original xbox with emus, games etc...But it dont want to boot any custom dashboard and I cant format hdd because it needs password (wtf???) and it needs password for other system things...

I REALLY need help.

Thanks in advance !

PS : If you need more infos like things I tried...I will do my best to reply you but I tried lot of things...
AZImmortal

Re: Help with xbox xecuter 2 mod crash. How can I put it stock ?

Post by AZImmortal »

gunja203 wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 11:54 pm I power off and power on again and the hexen dvd boot and the green light comes red. Then I have acces to the hexen dvd.
Booting up with HeXEn is exactly what you should be doing to fix everything. Just use HeXEn to return your hard drive to stock and then use it to install whatever dashboard you want to use.
gunja203

Post by gunja203 »

It exactly wath I said in my post : I need a password to format my HDD and when I try to put any dashboard, it don't work and it boot with the default dash...
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

I think the passcode in hexen is " A B Y X " that will then allow you to format and do a fresh install with hexen.

If it boots the default dashboard then you must not have the bios pointing to an alternate dash to boot to so it boots the default dash instead.

You could try flashing a new bios that you know the boot options for it may make it easier to figure out likely your dash will boot to C or C with the file default.xbe or evoxdash.xbe
you could place shortcuts with those names on those drives pointing to your dash of choice.
Coldly-Indifferent

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

I can't think why you'd want the stock dash as it rather defeats most of the point of having a chip so I guess that the only reason you want to do that is to reset the console to fix whatever you think is wrong with the the existing modding or formatting.

Wouldn't it be simpler, if there is nothing important on the HDD and, presumably being a chipped machine, it is unlocked, you completely wipe the HDD on PC (CCleaner) in an external USB housing then start from scratch again using either an AID or HeXEn disc.

You'd have to cold boot it but then either will walk you through the formatting and dash of choice install. Just make sure you use the chipped machine menu options not the softmod ones.

With AID, not sure about the most recent HeXEn update, the extended partitions would have to be formatted afterwards with a different tool: XBPartitioner v1.3 or now, probably better, Chimp261812. That will ensure the correct cluster size is used for the extended partition formatting on very large HDDs ie. 500+GB

All should be good after that.
gunja203

Post by gunja203 »

After a while, the hexen dvd don't want to boot...When the original dash boot, I have some things in the HDD :

- Linux installer (1 save 381 blocs)
- Agent under fire (1 save 382 blocs)
- Atribute fixer v0.2 (0 save 3 blocs)
- Dvd2xbox (0 save 6 blocs)
- Enigmah Videomode Switch (0 save 3 blocs)
- Oxm disc 24 (0 save 4 blocs)
- Px (or dx) HDD loader (0 save 3 blocs)
- Splinter cell (1 save 10 blocs)
- UnleashX xbox launcher (1 save 168 blocs)

Can I just delete all these things and just softmod it ?

PS : I opened it and it seem that it have no xecuter 2 modchip (no headers, no modchip) but where the headers go, it seem that the solder has been molten once (I can post a picture).