7 Years since Kodi dropped XBox support.

General discussion relating to XBMC4XBOX. Please use the support forums for help on using the software or plugins.
BuZz
Site Admin

7 Years since Kodi dropped XBox support.

Post by BuZz »

Little news item from Kodi. They gave us a little mention which was nice so thought I would link it here.

https://kodi.tv/article/seven-years-ago ... ginal-xbox

Thanks Kodi.
hawsey

Re: 7 Years since Kodi dropped XBox support.

Post by hawsey »

A bit of history right here BuZz.

I remember coming to the XBMC scene late in the day having bought a 44" Samsung TV maybe 11 years ago ( still going strong) and wanting to have a HTPC set up on the cheap .

I sourced a X2 chipped Xbox and got some High DEf leads for it , initially streamed stuff over the network but quickly upgraded the Hard Drive to 320Gb , it was so huge , i was sure it would never be filled , i ripped my DVDs and CDs to the Drive and ran the latest T3CH builds , it was an amazing beast , used at man a party with its wacky visualizations whilst playing tunes , downloading the Lyrics to a song at the touch of a button , up scaling my DVD collection to 720p , nothing could touch it and everyone that saw it set up immediately wanted one of their own .

The first Linux ports , Osx , XP then eventually Android were just rumors .

Even though new things have come along and some come and gone , with great devices like the Raspberrys of Pi etc , the fact is , because of BuZz and all the other contributors over the years the now XBMC4XBOX as now is will still do all of the great things i have mentioned and more .
So many people still modding , fixing and helping out on here .

Big shout out for all involved .

Cheers and Many Thanks .
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

second that.... :D - I call by most days, thanks to BuZz and everyone else involved ;)
mrmajikbus45

Post by mrmajikbus45 »

Years before I joined here I was running an old T3CH build of an xbox. Kept it up to date, but gave it to a buddy at some point. Fast forward to 2013, I join here and had another xbox modded quickly. It was surreal that someone kept up on things here. Sure there are fewer things we can do on here now stream wise, but the old girl way outlived her predicted lifespan.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own. -Solid Snake
American as Guile!
Get your Chimp on!
a1matt

Post by a1matt »

Was a nice surprise to see that post on kodi.tv

I don't stop by here very often, but I still have xbmc4xbox on my living room xbox and appreciate the work put in that allows that.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

Wow, time flies. That was nice of kodi to give a nod. Xbmc is such a great example of what can be done to open up a closed platform to make it so much better and it's awesome to see that it went on to other platforms too, even if that means leaving the xbox behind. Xbmc drew me in years ago as a young teen with just how much it overhauled what the old Xbox could do and what usefulness it brought to the console. It's like a magic trick where you wave a wand and turn what is basically garbage to most people now days into a modern media device... even if it can only do 720p ;) .

It would be cool if Kodi kept xbox support but I'm just glad the scrapers still work, internet time still updates, weather still works, the forums are still online, and people are still putting in effort into it. Here's to 7 more years. :)
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!