Forum Update

Announcements about XBMC4XBOX
BuZz
Site Admin

Forum Update

Post by BuZz »

Updated forum to the latest phpBB. Required reworking our customisations/theme. Had a small hiccup during update, and the db backup I made, so had to restore from a backup from 15 hours ago or so. The forum is not very active anyway, so very little would have been lost.
Rocky5

Re: Forum Update

Post by Rocky5 »

Seems to have broken the mobile site, I get zoomed into the left hand side of the board, I have to pinch to zoom out.
( IOS 10.3.2 )
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
cashonly

Post by cashonly »

i'm stuck with a notification for 1 private message, but when i open the message list i dont see any new message.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

All seems good here ;)

Cheers Buzz - looks good! 8-)
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Rocky5 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:53 pm Seems to have broken the mobile site, I get zoomed into the left hand side of the board, I have to pinch to zoom out.
( IOS 10.3.2 )
there never was a "mobile site" as such. Works ok on my mobile, but the wp theme is not responsive etc. I will be adding tapatalk support back soon. This is a quiet forum and I have a lot of projects on, so I am limited in how much time I can put into site updates etc.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I have re-added tapatalk support.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Thanks

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

xman

Post by xman »

Looks fine here. :D
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

Seems like it works great. Good job :)

Sent fra min Nexus 6P via Tapatalk

Never argue with an idiot! First he brings you down to his level, then he beats you with experience.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Thanks. Might do some tweaks over coming weeks, but had to upgrade.from the unsupported phpbb 3.0

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

I use Mtalk for reading the forum on my windows phone and it no longer works 🙁

It fails to even log in now.

Tapatalk is not available on the windows phone, mtalk is what all windows phone users use instead, it works on the same tapatalk back end i believe.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Nothing I can do about that unless there is another plugin for that system. Tapatalk is working and is the latest version. Perhaps it's not compatible with it, or Tapatalk have intentionally changed the API to stop it working.
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

BuZz wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:43 pm Nothing I can do about that unless there is another plugin for that system. Tapatalk is working and is the latest version. Perhaps it's not compatible with it, or Tapatalk have intentionally changed the API to stop it working.
Possibly the reason why but if that was the case an older version of tapatalk would not work too but that does not seem to be the case, as I have a really old version of tapatalk before they revoked it from the Microsoft store and it seems to work but it is fill of adds where Mtalk did not.

I just use the web from now on instead.
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

cashonly wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:03 pm i'm stuck with a notification for 1 private message, but when i open the message list i dont see any new message.
See the Mark all messages read link above the messages on the right sides. You might need to do that in all folders where it shows unread messages (left).
sealeysonic

Post by sealeysonic »

I would be nice to see the Active Topics button back.....plz

plus as there has been no updates/releases for over a year ppl might not come here much....(apart from nightly builds)...no skin development too.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

sealeysonic wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:46 am I would be nice to see the Active Topics button back.....plz

plus as there has been no updates/releases for over a year ppl might not come here much....(apart from nightly builds)...no skin development too.
Active topics is under quick links.

Feel free to develop a skin..
GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

actually I think I may make a local site and tinker with a theme. It's been a while since I've built a phpbb theme but wp themes I'm very ok with. I'll give it a go.

When setting up a local site, should I be working out of /xbmc4xbox_site/vendor/phpbb/current or /xbmc4xbox_site/phpbb/trunk? I tried /phpbb/trunk first but the php/install path was missing. vendor/phpbb had the install folder so I used that instead and it installed fine. Wordpress worked fine without messing with the vendor folder. Is there anything special going on in the wordpress site?

Also, how is it that phpbb has the same header, menu, and footer as wordpress? is it a theme or a plugin or...? Is there a single-sign-on thing going on between them? after building locally, I have wordpress on the inove theme and phpbb with the prosilver theme. Both look and act like two distinct sites at the moment.

Finally, any chance I could get a dump of the table "php_forums"? That way I don't have to re-create all the forums locally. Unless there's some super secret forums around here that I can't see.
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

It's just got the header from the WP site hardcoded in the phpbb theme to make it look the same.

no single sign on.

I can't give you the forum database. Just create a new one. I'm not after a redesign of the site btw in case there was a misunderstanding.

the vendor path is just for vendor branches/merging. Install folder is just removed from trunk - you can add it manually.
GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

Yup, I know a redesign isn't the intention. I figured I would need wordpress because they're sharing elements of the page between them so that's why I setup both.

My goal is just to offer a hand and do minor [approved] edits if people request them that you either don't want to do or don't have time to. I work as a web/gfx designer and have been using xbmc since like 2006 or so and I still use it often. If there's anything I can do to help, just point me in the right direction. My patches would come through svn of course for review and merging and all that so I don't need any admin logins or anything like that.

And just to clarify, I'm referring one table in the database and not the whole database itself. The table "phpbb_forums" doesn't **appear** to have sensitive info that I couldn't get from looking at the forum structure on the live site besides the "forum_password" field but I assume that would be hashed anyways? Regardless, I can just make a few dummy forums locally so it's not a deal breaker.
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Appreciate you want to offer a hand, but I don't have the time to coordinate / provide database dumps / review patches.

I'm quite happy with the site as it is for now tbh. It's a very quiet forum these days and I don't think it's worth the effort to redesign anything.