Returning Xbox hard drive to stock.

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
alfredo2

Returning Xbox hard drive to stock.

Post by alfredo2 »

I have a modded xbox which I want returned to stock. It has a stock hard drive but I noticed that it has an extra partition (f drive), which I understand is extra space that is not used on the stock Seagate 10 gb hard drives. What I want to do is remove that partition so it is just like the stock xbox hard drive. I am not very knowledgeable on modding and I have somone doing the work for me, but I am curious on how to remove that partition to make it just like a stock xbox hard drive with that space unusable?
professor_jonny

Re: Returning Xbox hard drive to stock.

Post by professor_jonny »

There is an option to return a drive to retail with format with slayers the other auto installers I don't know if they have this option.

Why do you want to in mod it ?
alfredo2

Post by alfredo2 »

professor_jonny wrote:There is an option to return a drive to retail with format with slayers the other auto installers I don't know if they have this option.

Why do you want to in mod it ?
I don't really have a need to have it modded and would just like to restore the console to its original stage. It is still in good condition and has been hardly used and I would like to have an xbox in this condition simply stock.
shloader

Post by shloader »

No utility for the Xbox has an 'unformat' option. No worries, though. The retail kernel and software can't see anything beyond the 8 Gigabytes the stock software is allotted so you might as well ignore any extended partition(s). Also, yes any Slayer's or recent HeXEn disc can do a return to Stock... I think. They're easy enough to use and find (giyf; and that's not meant in a curt manner).
I make a conscious effort to use terms that can be googled.
Xbox modding is really about understanding the nomenclature, and a good HeXEn disc.
Drinking while posting happens. It's not like drinking and driving; try to be understanding.