Can you install a new softmod over a current softmod?

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
scimitar777

Can you install a new softmod over a current softmod?

Post by scimitar777 »

so i softmodded my xbox it has SID 5.11 Final the Xbox is a v1.1 it works great i managed to get chimp to get me into a 40 gig drive(yay)

Now i ordered a bigger drive (200gig) it was on one of the lists that said that it was lockable followed the same stuff as before with chimp
and boom not lockable...list said it was wtf...either way i did make sure it did read the drive and not the disc drive(just to clarify.)
From a previous post i learned that Tsop allows for running drives unlockable?(if thats true) now where do i go from here?

the links i was given dont go hand in hand with SID 5.11 Final it uses EvoX now can i Flash/install EvoX over SID Final 5.11?? and do i still need to Do the Tsop after? (soldering the points)
so that i can use hexen via disc to install whatever it is i need to run this unlocked drive i now have?

as well as links to a proven method to install/flash EvoX over SID 5.11 Final to there for use HeXen

either that or a link to a hard drive i can purchase that WILL work so i can buy it lookin for 200-250 gigs?
professor_jonny

Re: Can you install a new softmod over a current softmod?

Post by professor_jonny »

is the TSOP chip a winbond brand or not ? as it matters how you flash it

xblast os will flash all chips including tsop you just run it and select flash and away you go you need to copy the bios into the folder c:/bios

you could use hexen to update the soft mod.
scimitar777

Post by scimitar777 »

ok got links for all the files i need? including bios? also i have the hynix tsop chip is that a good one?
scimitar777

Post by scimitar777 »

professor_jonny wrote:is the TSOP chip a winbond brand or not ? as it matters how you flash it

xblast os will flash all chips including tsop you just run it and select flash and away you go you need to copy the bios into the folder c:/bios

you could use hexen to update the soft mod.
the tsop chip is a hynix is that good?
professor_jonny

you could download the iso for either "Slayers" "Hexen" or "AID" burn them to disk it sounds like it would be easier you can find them with a google search

you can basically use any flash tool to flash your chip you just have to select the correct flash to suit your tsop size as you have a 1.1 you are not restricted and a x2 bios indbios or evox m8+ will all work on there.
scimitar777

Post by scimitar777 »

professor_jonny wrote:you could download the iso for either "Slayers" "Hexen" or "AID" burn them to disk it sounds like it would be easier you can find them with a google search

you can basically use any flash tool to flash your chip you just have to select the correct flash to suit your tsop size as you have a 1.1 you are not restricted and a x2 bios indbios or evox m8+ will all work on there.
ok its weird on my skin is the softmod dash board it said v1.1 but when i used the hexen disk it says v1.2 don't forsee issues but i got the tsop done (i am pretty sure) and i am sitting on the screen for flash which option do i choose? is it non winbond?
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

That's because it uses the eeprom key to determin the version.

Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
scimitar777

Post by scimitar777 »

Rocky5 wrote:That's because it uses the eeprom key to determin the version.

right so do i choose non winbond flash or winbond flash for my tsop hynix? on hexen
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

scimitar777 wrote:
Rocky5 wrote:That's because it uses the eeprom key to determin the version.

right so do i choose non winbond flash or winbond flash for my tsop hynix? on hexen
You pick the other option.

Unless the chip has a pacman eating a W on it you pick the other option.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016052 ... 57659e.jpg
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
scimitar777

Post by scimitar777 »

ok so i ended up using hexen to install and set xmbc as main dash i then good no longer ftp with file commander so tried file zilla still no dice.gave up to do the tsop flash was done successfully as i am now using my unlocked 200gig ide drive hooray. what was weird though is i had to use chimp to make it work of course not being able to lock the drive it wouldn't matter being i flashed the tsop. so its a spitting image of the other drive i just can't figure out why i can't ftp anymore can someone please help me trouble shoot this mess i have made. speaking of unleashx sense i did the tsop flash has reverted to being my booted up dash.
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

Rocky5 wrote:
scimitar777 wrote:do i choose non winbond flash or winbond flash for my tsop hynix? on hexen
You pick the other option.

Unless the chip has a pacman eating a W on it you pick the other option.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016052 ... 57659e.jpg
:lol:
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

scimitar777 wrote:o...i just can't figure out why i can't ftp anymore can someone please help me trouble shoot this mess i have made.
What error does Filezilla report when you try to connect? ...what's your X80X's IP address?
scimitar777

Post by scimitar777 »

spicemuseum wrote:
scimitar777 wrote:o...i just can't figure out why i can't ftp anymore can someone please help me trouble shoot this mess i have made.
What error does Filezilla report when you try to connect? ...what's your X80X's IP address?
I went back to using file commander turns out for some reason after the tsop flash and xecuter2 install setting were changed so I changed it all back to match file commander and everything is back in working order. Now just down to minor things like upgrading maybe a even larger HDD like SATA I know I need a compatible SATA to IDE and a 80wiire IDE cable I think I saw a sticky thread on here for what IDE to SATA are working . Also want to upgrade my xbmc dash to the best most recent build also bed to know if 4981 BIOS is good or if I need to flash a different BIOS if so which one is the best and how would I go about doing it
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

M8 plus is the bios you want, it does everything the x2 4981 does plus it supports partition tables, so you can have up to 2TB of usable space.
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
scimitar777

Post by scimitar777 »

Rocky5 wrote:M8 plus is the bios you want, it does everything the x2 4981 does plus it supports partition tables, so you can have up to 2TB of usable space.
Oh cool so how do I upgrade to m8 what takes me up to that was it one of the options on my hexen disc? And v1.2 Xbox supported correct? Is there any precautions to take sense I flashed my tsop to 4981 or can I just flash over that with m8? What does 4981 support up to HDD wise I am not sure I need 2 terabytes haha .
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

It's on the hexen disc, it Evox M8 Plus.
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
scimitar777

Post by scimitar777 »

Rocky5 wrote:It's on the hexen disc, it Evox M8 Plus.
so what does 4981 support up to then? i honestly don't have any reason to go up from 4981 so long as i can upgrade further would like to go sata but no reason to go all the way up to a terrabyte +. so i guess my real question is does the 4981 support sata? and if yes than how high does it support hdd size wise.
scimitar777

Post by scimitar777 »

Rocky5 wrote:It's on the hexen disc, it Evox M8 Plus.
well at this point there is no point in not havning m8 plus i went ahead and did the flash with hexen and the system went from saying "xbox xecuter2" back to saying "xbox microsoft but with the fancy evox thing in the top corner" lol now to get a ide to sata adpater and a 80wire cable got any recommendations ?
professor_jonny

scimitar777 wrote: well at this point there is no point in not havning m8 plus i went ahead and did the flash with hexen and the system went from saying "xbox xecuter2" back to saying "xbox microsoft but with the fancy evox thing in the top corner" lol now to get a ide to sata adpater and a 80wire cable got any recommendations ?
There are plenty of threads with just what you want have a search on the forum.

80 wire upgrade with a standard pc ide cable is a bit of a tight stretch as the xbox has the cd drive plug close to the motherboard unlike a pc one.

how much money do you want to spend and how big do you want your drive?

in the Xboxes I use Kingwin ADP-06 SATA to IDE Bridge Boards, Hitachi 2TB Ultrastar HDD's, and ind-bios 5003.

I would recommend HGST and WD drives over Seagate from a longevity perspective.