Xbox with x3ce and x3lcd panel

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
Bren10

Xbox with x3ce and x3lcd panel

Post by Bren10 »

Hi
After many years in the loft I decided to have a clear out and raise some coin before crimbo. I sold a boxed pair of gam boy advance with games and accessories for £25. A ds with 6 games for £30 . A chipped ps2 with a chipped ps1 spindle of games, soft and hard dance mats, light gun, buzz game, eye toy boxed with games and finally to my old Xbox. I listed ion Facebook for £60 with 75 games, power lead, av lead and one genuine controller. This is no ordinary Xbox though it's my metallic blue and silver Xbox with X3 LCD front and X3ce chip, I also included a standard black Xbox and all for £60. After having lots of time wasters and offers of £25 and the like I decided to stick it back in the loft but on doing some surching it seems the old Xbox scene is alive and kicking and the X3 chip and LCD are like hens teeth to lay your hands on.
So I will be looking at soft modding the standard Xbox and updating the custom Xbox and installing coin ops 8 massive.
My Xbox has blue LEDs in top with Xbox jewel, blue LEDs in 4 controller ports and 2 USB ports. Will upload some better pics if anyone would like but here are a couple for now along with a few others I did back in the day.
Would like any help on soft mod for black Xbox as I can't seem to find any downloads for cashing this out, it's made more difficult as I don't use my pic as it's stored, download on my phone or tablet.
Thanks for reading Bren
Another I did for my boy with plop paint
dan.h

Re: Xbox with x3ce and x3lcd panel

Post by dan.h »

Hi & welcome to the site! Bet you're glad you kept your x3cp xbox - they don't come up for sale that often and definitely worth more then £60.

As for softmodding your other xbox, the tricky part is getting the save file exploit onto your xbox. I made up a controller cable with a female usb port and used an old usb stick to transfer the file across and softmod. As you've already got a modded xbox you might be able to do a HD hotswap but I'm really not sure on that.

Once softmodded, depending on what version your xbox is definitely have a look at flashing the TSOP. There are different opinions but I think it's more robust in the long term then softmodding.
showmanbr

Re: Xbox with x3ce and x3lcd panel

Post by showmanbr »

Bren10 wrote:Hi
After many years in the loft I decided to have a clear out and raise some coin before crimbo. I sold a boxed pair of gam boy advance with games and accessories for £25. A ds with 6 games for £30 . A chipped ps2 with a chipped ps1 spindle of games, soft and hard dance mats, light gun, buzz game, eye toy boxed with games and finally to my old Xbox. I listed ion Facebook for £60 with 75 games, power lead, av lead and one genuine controller. This is no ordinary Xbox though it's my metallic blue and silver Xbox with X3 LCD front and X3ce chip, I also included a standard black Xbox and all for £60. After having lots of time wasters and offers of £25 and the like I decided to stick it back in the loft but on doing some surching it seems the old Xbox scene is alive and kicking and the X3 chip and LCD are like hens teeth to lay your hands on.
So I will be looking at soft modding the standard Xbox and updating the custom Xbox and installing coin ops 8 massive.
My Xbox has blue LEDs in top with Xbox jewel, blue LEDs in 4 controller ports and 2 USB ports. Will upload some better pics if anyone would like but here are a couple for now along with a few others I did back in the day.
Would like any help on soft mod for black Xbox as I can't seem to find any downloads for cashing this out, it's made more difficult as I don't use my pic as it's stored, download on my phone or tablet.
Thanks for reading Bren
Another I did for my boy with plop paint
I sent u a PM!